Need some real advice on 1v1 ..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jules, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastGoD

LastGoD Well-Known Member

Na there's some people who have been 1v1ing since 08 and still lose to the average player

2. Leunneth

Leunneth Member

Well, to get to a real decent level of 1v1ing, if you only focus on the mindset of being the #1 in NA, you will be more under pressure for a title. So shrugging that off immediately moves all of that stress away. Train only for yourself, instead of the desire to be better than others. Knowing how to take an L with Grace can also improve your 1v1ing abilities in terms of mental fortitude.

Not everyone is really going to have the same mindset, and there will be people who comes out the cut to kick you down in a 1v1. Just gotta know how to bounce back. All in all, its a game of pressure, and mindgames. Knowing when your opponent is going to stop their combo, knowing how to space things out. Saying having a good idea of the environment is a bit dumb, considering most 1v1s occurs in black top, but most of all, being familiar of the opponent's scroll. The less you are familiar with the scroll, the more you're prone to panic. Don't focus too much on how the player plays, but...?

Focus on their scroll's mechanics. All in all, there's always a meta to each scroll that define's the scroll peak potential that makes it deadly. Knowing when to poke with the punch button can help, as the punch has a faster animation than kick, no matter the scroll. Surprisingly, learning to poke can help in chipping out your opponents.

Knowing when to commit to a combo, and knowing which combos are too unsafe to use, if it's not being used as a punish. My list can go on, but this is all I can deliver. The essentials here hopefully provides help.

Shana likes this.
  3. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Yeah this is very normal. At a very fundamental level of 1vs1 gameplay, most of the time players recognize what drifting is, what slide attacks do, how to crossup with jumpkicks, countering when they feel they are in a frame disadvantage, and punishing opponents that miss their attacks. I think this is where the difficulty of mastery comes in. Knowing that both opponents know what to do in a 1vs1, even the experienced player can still lose if they make mistakes. It's very easy to make mistakes, since there is a high chance of reading the opponent wrong.

Usually what sets apart the 2 players is their ability to read each other. I feel that type of ability is extremely hard to master, especially in a game like rumble fighter.

4. Galvatron

Galvatron Active Member

How to 1v1:
    > Study Pattern
    > Know your and their scroll inside out, and the scrolls mechanic and ****
    > Predict what they might do
    > Try to change up your fighting style once in a while
    > Don't be predictable af
    > Play both Moon and Demo
    the most important thing is L2P.

5. xVirr

xVirr Active Member

I'm really just a great 1v1er sheesh

nah try to make your own play style like I did cause once I did that I beat people so much easier cause I don't fight like every other person on this game

6. Emiya

Emiya Well-Known Member

"Play both moon and demo" lol what's demo gonna do for you?

7. xVirr

xVirr Active Member

why are all these forumers giving 1v1 tips like they aren't horrible in 1v1 and wouldn't even beat a top 30 player

Ahegao likes this.
  8. Shana

The top 30 is relative.

There will always be people who will disagree with the list. There is also cases that some very great 1vs1ers don't forum, so basing a 1vs1 scene on the matchmaking forum is a limited way of seeing the 1vs1 community as a whole

armorking800 likes this.
  9. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

So if you are a forumer you aren't good....
    Then what are you doing here?

10. xVirr

xVirr Active Member

He's not a forumer like you niggas, the real forumers usually **** badly in game except people like Yusuke, Savaya mems, etc.

11. xVirr

xVirr Active Member

still dont change the fact that forumers like yourself are not good in 1v1

12. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

The point being stated is that he's ON THE FORUMS

13. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

Learn to lure. @LastGoD would love to teach you.

14. Shana

good is also relative. Since both players in a 1vs1 scenario both understand the basics.

They understand all there is to know to win. As LastGoD says, even the 08 players can still lose to the average player. So there's knowledge that those "average" players have that even the 08 players probably have not looked over.

15. Happythecow

Happythecow Member

What he meant is that there are players who will always be bad no matter how long they play. They might not even want to get better and are content with nhaa

16. Shana

I understand that, but I'm not content with people claiming others that they are bad, and that their opinions are not validated because of that.

There's a huge difference between what people assume, and what is actually happening.

These people claim that they are bad, because they say so, not realizing that many of us have actually played for a long time, and finally decided to forum more often

Tl;DR: let's stop the elitist censorship and let everyone have a chance to get onboard with the 1vs1 forum community as well

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  17. Ayato

Ayato Well-Known Member

These posts are amusing.
    maybe ill break them down later

18. Blastajoe

Blastajoe Zui Quan

I got better playing on Moon and Glacier and had a few friends back in the day where we would just make rooms to mess around like potion battle moon and not get potions but just kill each other over and over til time went out.

19. xVirr

xVirr Active Member

I mean you say you're not bad but im for sure that you're bad no matter if you just started foruming but if you wanna prove me wrong (which you won't) you can add me IGN: Vortex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.