Regarding Bans

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oTedd, Jun 2, 2019.

?

Which of these are the LEAST harmful and should be considered for an unban?

1. Hacking

2. DDOS

3. Chargeback

4. Gifted with stolen currency

5. Exploiting

6. Scamming

7. Toxicity

8. Macro's

9. Reverse Engineering

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oTedd

oTedd Member

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested it before but as many people know there are TONS of people who quit RF due to their accounts getting banned for unjust reasons, such as getting gifted an item from someone who stole a credit card or by glitching/exploiting harmlessly in a Bossmode or as a joke in a room. Many of these bans were drastically exaggerated in the severity of their duration.
    What I suggest, is that RedFox host an event where they'll give veterans, whom have been banned for such lackluster reasons, a chance to recover their accounts. Of course, people who DDOS and legitimately hack currency should stay banned; but the individuals who have been wrongfully banned, due to the strict policies of the company, should be given a second chance.
    Considering the low population of the server, I think an event like this would really help bring back a lot of the veterans. I spoke to dozens of old friends from the server recently and they all agreed that they missed the game, and would come back if only they had their accounts back.
    This would inspire many of the current veterans to reach out to their banned friends and show them that they have a chance to play the game again. Helping the game gain popularity and be shared through social media is always a positive, This would help ignite a spark in that sense, it would rally old players back in hopes of finding old friends and reforming lost bonds.
    And addressing the way the event should be conducted, I believe that RedFox has previously been too robotic and strict in the manner that they handle the bans. The way this should be handled, if RedFox is willing to do it, is by leading a more lenient staff team to manage the appeals. The primary goal of this team should be that rather than read the policies of the game and find ways to keep the person banned, they should instead look for ways to give the individual(s) a second chance.

While I understand most people will think,"screw those people they're scum and should stay banned", I believe the state of the game is dire, and this is a step in the right direction. There are people who genuinely regret what they did and would never do it again. However, the punishment has been dished out and the company refuses to take it back. Games like CS:GO and such had the ability to hand out VAC Bans for so long because the company and game popularity was so large; that they almost didn't have to care about the people that got banned. Rumble Fighter is small, and I think that rather than exile and condemn those players who have done a regrettable decision, we should look to preserve our player-base, and giving them a second chance to redeem themselves, is the best way to do it.

I understand professionalism and an open-mind is something that many people in the Rumble Fighter community lack, but if there are points of discussion/confusion that people would like to legitimately address, I invite them to post their thoughts in the comments below so that I may better explain myself.

2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to remind you that bans are handled on a case by case basis through the support team.

Scenarios

• Chargeback : Once you dispute a transaction via PayPal or through your financial institution, the automated system will ban your account. Your account will continue to be banned until you either cancel the dispute or repay the loss of profit back to the company (in this case, RedFox Games). Your account cannot be unbanned under any circumstances until this is resolved. Merchants not only lose profit, but they often also have to pay an additional fee for every chargebacked transaction. If at any time do we feel like there are too many disputes, that payment method may be restricted or removed for your specific account. If you wish to settle a chargeback or dispute, please submit a ticket in under the "Billing" category.
    • Fraud : While there was an issue in the past regarding credit card fraud, this issue was later remedied by implementing a 10 day gifting restriction. However, it was later reduced down to 5 days after careful consideration. While players have requested for the function to be taken off, we feel that for the players' safety, this function will remain as is. However, we will try to request for our developers to implement a way so that you can gift your trusted friends with little to no restrictions. Additionally, players should not be banned for being gifted fraudulent items as of today, June 2nd, 2019. If you know anybody who was banned by someone else's fraudulent activity, I encourage them to submit a ticket in to appeal for that ban.
    • Glitch Exploits : Glitch exploits do not often result in a permanent ban when caught. In fact, you may serve a shorter ban duration if you provide instructions on replicating the glitch. It is encouraged that any glitches be reported as soon as possible.
    • Toxicity : You can report any incidents of excessive toxicity from other players to the support team. Be sure to provide screenshots and/or videos to support your claim. From there, they will examine and take appropriate steps against the reported user.
    • Hacking : Hacking incidents are dealt with a case by case basis. Please take any screenshots or videos to support your claim as well.
    • DDOS : We require the following information so that we can file an iC3 report, an abuse report to the suspect's ISP and a local police report with as much information we can find on the user(s) involved :
      1. Your router logs during the time of the DDoS attack.
      2. Any chat logs through screenshots (unedited) or video footage of them threatening you or any way implying DDoS.
    If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.​

toons and NeoStrayFox like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.