[Scroll] Shock

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Draygashi, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Support?

1. Yes

91.1%
  2. No

8.9%
  1. QueenLone

QueenLone Active Member

I digggggg.

Draygashi likes this.
  2. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Asked me to look at it, so I did. I support it, though I can see the nanmu launcher not making it, should it get implemented.
    Also, depending on how fast the Kg is, I can't say I like it from a player standpoint, but it's a novel concept.

Draygashi likes this.
  3. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

I would say that between GB combo and the ground hit is probably the most dangerous elements in the scroll as the nanmu launcher would only just be their for insult to injury purposes.

A stun launched opponent isn't grounded or aerial, they are considered to still be standing but will be aerial if hit by most attacks in a small time frame, shock stuns being one of the renown ones for its loophole of putting them in a non falling stun.

Based on KKP idea juggle I would say kpkk can be follow up by a ground hit since the kp k k in lifts the opponent up meaning its rare that the finisher hits a standing opponent as they will normally be airborne like in juggles from the 3rd hit.

Since the punch combo is a charged up guard breaker I assumed nobody will let the player try to stun loop them when punch combos are usually the easiest to escape in RF, also they would probably attack counter, or take a knockback then go through the loop again, I'm assuming.

In a scenario were the opponent has no panics and the punch combo lands with full damage the idea advance juggles would be more threatening than most of the things present in the scroll by itself.

pp[p] k~g kkp p p kpkk k~g 340, 170, 831 = 1341 Double Launch to Ground Hit [no nanmu | Easy | true idea juggle(TIJ)]

pp[p] k~g kkp p p nppppppppp k~g 340, 170, 330, 48, 48, 570, 102 = 1608 Double Juggle to Advance Nanmu to Ground Hit [Single Use | Easy | High Damage]

pp[p] k~g nppkgkp p p kpkk k~g 340, 170, 370, 48, 48, 303, 102 = 1381 Juggle to N-Juggle to Ground Hit [Single Use | Hard | Stronger than TIJ]

pp[p] k~g kkp p p nppkgkp p p kpkk k~g 340, 170, 330, 48, 48, 370, 48, 48, 303, 102 = 1807 Double Juggle to N-Juggle to Ground Hit [Single Use | Hard | Maximum Damage]

note By easy and hard I mean difficulty based on button combination in which the player would have any easier time inputting.

4. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

PPP fully charged works like Metatron's KP fully charged. Knockback if not charged, Stun Launcher if fully charged. Or like Muhon Ninjutsu's KP, Lightning's KKP, Inner Fire's KPK, etc.

kG does not raise a grounded enemy. There is a reference to how it works on a grounded enemy, which is the Thunder Blades GIF.

KKPK is not a launcher, but a fence edger. The lift acts like a mini-bounce lifter like Kingpin's PPKKP Combo.

The HIGHEST Damage output possible would be PPP P P VPPKGKP P P KPKK kG (340 + 48 + 48 + 370 + 48 + 48 + 303 + 102 = 1307)

I do like the concepts of those juggles, but this scroll isn't supposed to be that game breaking. Plus I highly doubt NimoniX would be able to code it.

LonerNotDead likes this.
  5. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

PPP fully charged works like Metatron's KP fully charged. Knockback if not charged, Stun Launcher if fully charged. Or like Muhon Ninjutsu's KP, Lightning's KKP, Inner Fire's KPK, etc. - I fully understand this already, that is why I said that it can't infinite stun loop as nobody is going to keep letting the user fully charge for it, unless they are afk.

kG does not raise a grounded enemy. There is a reference to how it works on a grounded enemy, which is the Thunder Blades GIF. - I stated this in my 2nd point when a foe is stun launched they are not grounded or aerial they are considered to still be standing so they will be shocked like this if they user uses the ground hit and this shock will cancel the stun launch, thus resetting the foe to the standing position.
    [​IMG]

KPKK is not a launcher, but a fence edger. The lift acts like a mini-bounce lifter like Kingpin's PPKKP Combo. - I stated this in point 3 and said that KKP's idea juggle [KKP P P KPKK K~G] can connect a ground hit so this would mean that the basic combo KPKK can connect a ground hit after its finishes as the foe is airborne like in the juggle, this also means the strong Nanmu can ground hit as it uses the same lift and knockback as KPKK.

The HIGHEST Damage output possible would be PPP P P VPPKGKP P P KPKK kG (340 + 48 + 48 + 370 + 48 + 48 + 303 + 102 = 1307) - This would only be true if the ground hit didn't shock stun(<- this is what NimoniX will most likely do) or the user has some exit frames like Inferno has with its ground hit that stops the users from attacking the foe before they can react.

I do like the concepts of those juggles, but this scroll isn't supposed to be that game breaking. Plus I highly doubt NimoniX would be able to code it. - My post was based on how things work in the game already, if the scroll is made as is 100% to what is stated at the moment, then these are the advance combos that your scroll would be able to get away with if the foe has no panics and the user landed a fully charged punch combo or at leash the stun launch.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. teeny

teeny Well-Known Member

stun launch is aerial. thunderstorm charger shocks grounded enemies

7. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

you should up the damage value on the alt nanmu because it just adds 40 more damage to the regular juggle launcher

8. Draygashi

Holy **** I was belligerent when I posted this. Anyways, what I'm trying to get across is how the kG works.

Reference of how the kG works on a grounded enemy:
    [​IMG]

It does not raise a grounded enemy from the ground like Thunderstorm Charger. It only gives the shock effect when the enemy is standing. There is no possible way to infinite stun lock with this Scroll, even with the fully charged punch combo.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    LonerNotDead likes this.
  9. Draygashi

bump

LonerNotDead likes this.
  10. Benoon

Benoon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but the scroll isn't good.

I'll edit this with reasons if i have time.

~
    After going through stuff in a profound way, the scroll isn't too bad actually, so mb on that.
    although i would like to point a couple of things that you most likely didn' pay attention to.

I'll start from the PPP combo.
    [​IMG]
    What you're looking for on a punch combo is a wide axle on first punch, mainly. (Tiger's first P)
    Your first P on the scroll resembles Viper's fourth P, which they most likely will recycle. It has one horrible axle/hitbox.

Punch Hold:
    [​IMG]
    Since the scroll isn't a rare, the last P charge will take 2.5 seconds according to my calculations, similar to PKK's last P charge combo, which is bad. I would recommend changing the stun into a higher knockrange compared to the normal PPP (Electro's KP). That will decrease the charge time drastically and might actually turn into a solid combo, eventhough the first P is gnna be a meh.

Short knock:
    [​IMG]
    Good job on that one, hope that they will recycle that K from teng's K combo for wide hitbox.

Main combo:
    [​IMG]
    Alright, so we got to the kicks. That's what i've been holding a grudge for. kek.
    Your first K is horrible. the hitbox will literally miss 80% of the hits, 80% of other scrolls' invincible frames will go through. (Boran, Tiger, MA, and lot more that i can't think of rn.)
    90% of the invincible frames evade from the lower.
    Now to the combo itself. The third K should have Combat tekkyon's range on third kick, a thing you didn't mention at all. Without that the maincombo is gonna be a meh, and you are likely to get punished 80% of the times incase you try to angle third kick.
    The last K should have a huge delay capability. ( Another avenger's last K on K KG K K )

Reverse Launcher:
    [​IMG]
    Since the combo starts off with a bad first K, The combo most likely will ****. the last P will have terrible recoveries since it's not a rare, unlike inferno. Missing that combo results in a 100% punish.

Groundhit:
    [​IMG]
    A nice idea, But they won't do it.
    If they will, the hitbox will **** af, recoveries will get you stuck for 2 seconds to the least, which means if you miss that on a standing opponent, you're getting punished.

Overally, The scroll isn't too bad. A tier, If they don't change anything, according to my calculations.Consider things that i didn't mention a good job.

Goodluck.
    ~

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    SacredSwordJr likes this.
  11. Draygashi

I'll be waiting

Benoon likes this.
  12. Benoon

Benoon Well-Known Member

Edited.

13. Draygashi

The scroll was supposed to be high risk, high reward. Especially with the Speed. I do like your input and criticism.

I'll start from the PPP combo.
    [​IMG]
    What you're looking for on a punch combo is a wide axle on first punch, mainly. (Tiger's first P)
    Your first P on the scroll resembles Viper's fourth P, which they most likely will recycle. It has one horrible axle/hitbox.

The first punch was supposed to be more like Leviathans first punch.

Since the scroll isn't a rare, the last P charge will take 2.5 seconds according to my calculations, similar to PKK's last P charge combo, which is bad. I would recommend changing the stun into a higher knockrange compared to the normal PPP (Electro's KP). That will decrease the charge time drastically and might actually turn into a solid combo, eventhough the first P is gnna be a meh.

The Scroll needs a forward launcher some how. I did take the further knockback into consideration before, but decided it needed a forward launcher.

Alright, so we got to the kicks. That's what i've been holding a grudge for. kek.
    Your first K is horrible. the hitbox will literally miss 80% of the hits, 80% of other scrolls' invincible frames will go through. (Boran, Tiger, MA, and lot more that i can't think of rn.)
    90% of the invincible frames evade from the lower.
    Now to the combo itself. The third K should have Combat tekkyon's range on third kick, a thing you didn't mention at all. Without that the maincombo is gonna be a meh, and you are likely to get punished 80% of the times incase you try to angle third kick.
    The last K should have a huge delay capability. ( Another avenger's last K on K KG K K )

Reverse Launcher:
    [​IMG]
    Since the combo starts off with a bad first K, The combo most likely will ****. the last P will have terrible recoveries since it's not a rare, unlike inferno. Missing that combo results in a 100% punish.

The first kick is supposed to be like Jin Tekkyeon's first punch (high kick). I avoided specifying range, delay and other misc stuff because NimoniX will always tamper with it.

Groundhit:
    [​IMG]
    A nice idea, But they won't do it.
    If they will, the hitbox will **** af, recoveries will get you stuck for 2 seconds to the least, which means if you miss that on a standing opponent, you're getting punished.

Again, along the lines of high risk high reward. But yeah, I even specified the range the kG would cover, and its similar or slightly less than the range of Inferno's kG ground hit.

Overall, this is just a base idea or the groundworks of what NimoniX can do. Upon submitting a suggestion on the forums, i hereby give NimoniX all rights to use it and to tamper with it all they want. I highly doubt they'll do an exact detail for detail implementation of this Scroll. They have not done so with any suggestion yet.

Again, thank you for the feedback.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Benoon likes this.
  14. Draygashi

Removed reference images for the kG. A few people did not understand how it would work. Apparently seeing two different ExoCore skills was too confusing.

15. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

Will the character be moving at all when ur performing the actions :O or will it just stay in the same spot :c!?

16. Draygashi

Yes, except for the PK Combo.

17. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

how do you get that black outline over your sprites

18. Draygashi

I make my put my sprites together from sprite sheets in photoshop. So when I'm pulling each sprite into photoshop, I add an outer glow to each individual sprite.

19. Draygashi

20. Draygashi