Thank giving contest nom nom Ironic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirme, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

sad when meals that are not thanks giving meals beat u in a thanks giving holiday contest lol...

when u get beat by bread and egg...:mad:

broken pie
    more bread
    pho noodles and soup
    and plain pasta and canned tomato sauce(Ragu)...:rolleyes:

was thinking would get at least deco...o well, at least I got 1k credits I buy everyday...so sad.....Dunno the point of having a thanks giving holiday event...when no holiday meals win....never heard of, pho, plain sweet bread.....bread and fried egg break fast and a fast food, pre packaged pie as a thanks giving meal...being a holiday meal....and first place goes to steak, sauteed mushroom and fries....nice thanks giving meal...o_O
    Pizza won a price...PIZZA..the kind you can order every day..takes 5 minutes for dilevery...lol:eek:
    In retrospect...if bread and pizza is your holiday meal....I am sorry...and good fortunes and tidings for the future....and maybe you should think of going to make money instead of playing online games...God bless.

o whelp no more bothering for events here for me....seems like a waste...

o well complaints done... time to move on:rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    GracieVeterano likes this.
  2. sidealea

sidealea Member

I didn't even apply too the contest.
    But i see no problem with those other pictures.
    otherwise would it only be people from the US applying? don't really know who else have "thanksgiving"
    I just know other nationalities have different holidays but not really thanksgiving.

Just saying

Stereotyped and Perfection like this.
  3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

well if its a US.holiday at least do some research on it...and buy some US. food and put some pictures of it....With internet you can find examples..in just under 1 minute...of festival/holiday foods
    cranberry sauce not hard to get...chicken/turkey not hard to get...but I digress....thanksgiving is not a U.S ONLY HOLIDAY...other people have it just different name...
    My point was at least make it a holiday food....or something that looks like a festival food...

How is egg and bread a holiday food?
    how is pizza a holiday food...
    plain pasta?....
    Pho?...

I dunno about you....but where I live u can eat those.....everyday...just walk for 5 minutes and u find at least 8 shops selling those....and if you are vietnamese..which lets face it....a lot of people here are...YOU CAN EAT PHO NOODLES 24/7 is if want...

So what is so festive about that...
    My point is, if you call something a holiday festival....at least make an effort...filter non holiday looking food......
    Otherwise just call it, post your favorite food....which I see nothing wrong with...Got lots of pictures of my favorite food...would have just gone to the local store and got me some pho noodles too...that stuff is delicious...or some ramen.... which is the whole reason for my rant... CUP OF 50 cents NOODLE WON...lol

4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

not only mine would be there...there are some festive looking food there...

(as a non american I can't even say if the food in your pic is festive meal or not, it looks just some brown smashed stuff put on a plate to me)
    dunno about mashed brown stuff...gonna be honest...if you do not know beans...and rice at least....then I dunno if you leave under a cave....there is only 1 mashed item in the plate....and someone call it stuffing or dressing... and as for the pastries... I don't see any mashed stuff... and half of that meal is non American
    Stuffing...(only stuff that looks mashed)
    [​IMG]
    black beans
    [​IMG]
    brown rice
    [​IMG]
    puf puf
    [​IMG]
    fish pie/meat pie

[​IMG]
    hence I said...if they are gonna do a festive holiday....to do some research.....

My point is, if you set a criteria..use it...even mashed potato would do...buy a potato press down with a spoon...
    And why is there collateral wining...if you do not have enough people for a contest...just do with the ones that meet the criteria... or if u wanna give effort tries....start with ones that meet criteria....
    that was my point...
    omelet(well that is even making fancy...its just fried eggs) is not a holiday food, neither is pho, or cup noodle...or random oven pie...but pie works better than alot of the posts

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

OnenaHGvvellCSoG Active Member

What?!
    Take a picture of noodles in the supermarket next time!

But i think they asked for a picture of your favourite holiday food or some ****... so anything would be possible to put in there... xD thats what ppl did... take pictures of normal food to participate in the envent lul

Stereotyped likes this.
  6. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

My God, Sirme something is wrong with You dude. You should stop opening boxes, and take a break. Immediately.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Stereotyped and Perfection like this.
  7. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

exactly lol...but keyword is holiday....lol not against people taking normal food...but normal food is not holiday
    you don't make contest rule then break it yourself...well you can..but you loose credibility...although can't say there is much of that here...I guess I was just ranting to relieve myself...since I just answered my own conundrum..

It is their event though, so if 1+1=fish is ok, then works for them....

OnenaHGvvellCSoG likes this.
  8. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

Redfox has problems with comunication thats for sure... a good example of it is this xmas event... NOBODY understood those boxes were infinite... only when ppl started opening them... and if you go read it again, theres no way to understand how the event works... idk... they just dont know how to comunicate and ppl understand different things from their posts.

I had the same idea as you about the thanksgiving nom nom event. I didnt post anything coz i thought it was not supposed to be pictures of food that you eat everyday... if i knew i would make some pasta and post it too hahahaha

9. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

gonna have to say..this was soo stupid, its funny....you should become a philosopher...wear an old greek attire and laze around on a rock saying things like that..G

10. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

lol that meme is overplayed....and I won...a price...just way lower than i thought it would be...it is not about top price...it is about the concepts of a rule being made and broken by person who made it...

your haiku goes more like
    Mr Sirme didn't win a decent Thanksgiving Nom Nom prize....
    Sirme was pretty puzzled, so he made this thread .......
    But then Sirme realized, there is no rationality here
    and rational common thinking is not common,
    Sirme was happy he can at least think rationally

11. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

your haiku funny.
    funny funny funny,
    But Sirme know he smart,
    smart as can be,
    smart as ever be,
    Sirme smart man king,
    smart smart smart
    u dumb dumb.
    Ha Ha
    Sir me wins again!!!

now there is a perfect haiku

12. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

And your post shows your ignorance, since apparently you do not know what racism is or entails
    there is no racism in food...my dear non boorish man...
    keep you nose up high in ignorance
    And what makes you think I did not prepare the dish myself?
    Just fyi you might take the haiku seriously but from the grammar, if you do not see the joke then sorry...
    And 1 more thing, I have eaten most of those dishes posted...stating a fact != racism

13. Aramoro

Aramoro Member

boring
    this thread

post more food pictures!
    i think Sirme is trolling u all...

edit: have a nice day

14. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

"HOLIDAY DISHES" =/= everyday dishes
    Maybe i am wrong? XD

I mean... there are things that you eat everyday and there are like "special foods" that you normally only eat when you are celebrating something...

maybe its just my life sux and i am eating cheap food everyday xD

15. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

LOOOOOOL

16. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

talking to you is always stupid...since you like to take stuff to exact details when it comes to some one else, but not when it is you..
    1.) If you do not know what racism is...go back to school... end of story
    2.)its more closer to a haiqua than haiku( I stand corrected, My dear Mr. exact)
    3.) if my jokes are not funny to you, do not post your nonsensical replies in my thread, or your so called "funny reply", in essence get lost from my threads..no one invited you...
    4.) again go to school...or learn what racism is, instead of playing 9d...
    5.) you obviously know me in real life...Mr arrogant I think I know all
    6.) you should look at yourself mate..hahahaha this person...I pity you...
    7.)and there are facts here...you should go to school again...since you apparently live in your lala land and do not know of opinionated facts...

I find I have to always educate you so....

rac·ism
    ˈrāˌsizəm/
    noun
    1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    Before you bark.. find facts...I will take your example and call you "barkreotyped"
    And just because french fry is special to you, does not make it a festive food.... since you are so smart and like to choose what you wanna see or hear in a statement, it did not say "your favorite" "or meals you happen to randomly eat during a holiday, it said you "favorite holiday dish" and since apparently I have to educate you...holiday in this situation is inter-changeable with festival.. so use that big brain of yours and go do some research...since when is bread and omelet a festival food...its called theme..If you cannot understand what a theme is..I am sorry...

This guy trying to find excuses to state a false point.....I drink water during festivals, is it a holiday drink? Answer yourself that question.....

You can eat w/e you want at anytime...you want..but that does not make it a "holiday food" now you can try to lie to yourself that it is...but all Holidays/festivals come with a theme...

Your taste has nothing to do with theme..If you happen to have something in theme that appeals to your taste and palate...then your tastes matter..if not....It does not... whether you agree or disagree...

If I say show me all the jeans you have and you show me all your trousers.... Did you just listen or do what you want? did I ask you for trousers or jeans?

Now since you find other people's opinion offensive, do yourself a favor and do not reply....

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  17. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

nah keep going barkreotyped...keep barking, woof woof