Thoughts on Sage Master being perm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draygashi, May 31, 2017.

?

Choose one

Poll closed Oct 28, 2017.
  1. No change please

43.7%
  2. Keep Sage Master timed + Make an upgraded Sage Master timed

16.9%
  3. Keep Sage Master timed + Make an upgraded Sage Master perm

12.7%
  4. Make Sage Master perm

14.1%
  5. Make Sage Master perm + Make an upgraded Sage Master timed

4.2%
  6. Make Sage Master perm + Make an upgraded Sage Master perm

8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

All you need to win is >>P. Doesn't matter what Scroll you're using or fighting against.

tamirtov likes this.
  2. Reptar

Reptar Member

Lmfao, gg.

Draygashi likes this.
  3. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

bro do you forget that it literally has the worst recovery of any scroll in game?
    say all you want sage has no relevance outside of edging maps because of its nice angles anything else is trash it doesnt even have a fence edger unless u count the juggle launcher its honestly hyped up out of proportion than what it really is it is godlike in its own way i wouldn't say sage is the ultimate scroll id say its the ultimate scroll on any map with edges or if your decent enough maybe you can abuse someone in 1v1 but sage is meh compared to the new scrolls in game hunter has a counter that last almost 5 seconds marang has the quickest fence edger in game with a huge aoe and 3 resets vermillion phoenix is just plain annoying the new meta of scrolls we have easily outclass sage i mean most scrolls from ogp can still stand up to them in the right hands but sage is a no go with run g capablities sage can be counter easily nowadays just stay from 1 or 2 of his hits and you get a easy punish nothing more nothing less

4. Reptar

Reptar Member

What you're saying has absolutely no relevance to what we are discussing here. I can list 10 scrolls that can punish Sage if in the right hands as well, but that doesn't take away from the nostalgia associated with Sage Master. Sage Master does not need an upgrade, it needs to stay the way it has always been, and obtained the same way that is has always been obtained. There is something to be said for the rarity of Sage. If you played back in OGP you should be able to appreciate the fact that Sage Master was the one scroll everyone wanted, and few had. Today is no different, people keep Sage in their timed forms, and let them rest in their inventory. The discussion is not about what scrolls can defeat Sage, and if Sage is viable in a fight. The discussion is asking if there should be another version of Sage Master released. Simply put, I stand by my original answer of no. Do not inflate the game with a different form of Sage Master, thus rendering the original version useless and less valuable.

5. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Rammer fighter af

Draygashi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.