Some Questions and Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yewgioh, Jan 21, 2016.

1. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

Some really big concerns about this closer on the GamesCampus and the opening of this site with 9Dragons Awakening coming into action. Is this the same game, is their an option to bring over our characters from 9Dragons GamesCampus version or do we have to start all over again? Also is the PVE format going to be available for PVE users like myself that don't want to participate in the drama invested stench that is caused by the battle of wits among individuals that seem to think they are all that and a bag of potatoes (I am sure some of those individuals cheated, whether they will admit it is a totally different story). I also sure these individuals will post a response to this and attack me, which could possibly show us their guilty of doing so, but I digress here....going off topic.

I would like to continue to play 9Dragons, work and personal stuff have prevented me from doing so in the past but as I am getting things straightened out I am getting time to do so again. I seriously don't want to start over, especially if 3rd role is implemented into the game. If we don't have the option to transfer our characters over, what is our compensation (if any, that's why I'm asking though) for the closing of GamesCampus 9Dragons. Our community have been through, 3 total publishers of this game, like someone throwing a doll back and forth with a friend away from that individuals little sister and taunting her to try to grab it.

I also would like to know if their is a level range if no PVE is available (which I hope it is though) for high levels pking lower players, is their now a level restriction to not pk 100 levels below ones character (that type of thing)? What would the penalties be as well if one pked in a safe zone?

Now with Quest mobs can we have these not be a option for bullies in the game to monopolize the specific boss when its for a quest to complete. I understand individuals will say "Check your build, get a new weapon, better relics, etc.etc....". I am not talking about boss's like NSIP boss's, that's fair game, this is about those boss's for questing. This part truly prevents others from going further in the game, even if it's RTE quest that these boss's are attached to because a certain individual and/or band/league is constantly camping that boss and ksing the kill to get the "drop".

I have more, but I will end it for now. I do understand you all are busy at the moment but I do hope I get a response in a somewhat timely manner, especially before February 4.

2. Kazu

Kazu New Member

Typical PVE nerd.

D3mitel likes this.
  3. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

I would rather kill via PVE any day of the week then a player that moans and groans because I kill them..., I hear enough moaning and groaning about all kinds of doodoo in the real world why bring into my cyber world when I want a break from all that....

4. Kazu

Kazu New Member

You chose the wrong game then. This game is all about drama. Without it this game would be the most boring mmo ever.

Shyheim likes this.
  5. Gescape

Gescape Member

It's still in development phase, but they are trying to restrict pvp, hopefully they will make it somehow playable. Also, do not expect full details just because you ask for them... everything already is on the forum, just go and look around yourself. Imagine if everyone who comes here wanted the brief this way.

6. sain

sain Member

7. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

And here you are yet again acting as if your subjective experience is objective reality.
    Get his through you thick skull. No one cares what you think is boring. We care about what we think is boring, or not fun.
    PvP isn't fun for me, or for plenty of other people. We don't give a rats *** if you enjoy it. We don't.

If I wanted drama, I would go looking for it in real life. Just like if I wanted excitement, I would go looking for it in real life. Just like right now I am engaging in a real life fight with you PvP brats, albeit one of a cerebral nature. Because I'm not a coward like you.

I play games to chill out. If you don't, fine go be a little psychopath to your speshul heart's content, but leave me the **** out of it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Proof? The fact that the game was made PvE in the first place, because far more players wanted it that way, proves you wrong.

Again, Proof? What objective criteria do you base that assertion on?
    Playing PvP is cowardice disguised in bravado. You need a cartoon character to feel safe when you fight. I engage with people directly in a situation where I can lose an argument. No safety net for me.
    Why are you such a loser that you have to get your kicks from video games?

9. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

You are the one making a claim, the burden of proof is on you. The game became PvE because that was what the majority wanted. That is fact. The PvE servers were always more populated than the PvP servers. This is just another stawman since the topic here isn't PvP in general, it's open world PvP.

And? The PvE servers allowed you to CHOOSE when and if you want to PvP.
    That is a strawman. No one is trying to take away anyone's ability to PvP, you are trying to take away my ability to play PvE in peace. You are no better than someone trying to keep *** marriage from being made legal, just because they don't like it. It's the same self-centered, sanctimonious psychology. Whether or not I want to play PvE has no bearing whatsoever on your ability to play PvP. Unless what you really get off on is being able to ambush people without consequences. In which case getting what I want deprives you of victims. And I don't care if that happens since such behavior should not be encouraged in the first place.

"If I didn't like PvP at all and like to whack some mobs infinite number of times, I'd rather play any single player game instead where I can actually have some fun and not bore myself to death."
    I don't care what you would do, since I'm not you. I'm not trying to force you to play the game my way, so who the **** do you think you are to tell me I have to play it your way?

You're trying to twist what I say as if it's aimed at everyone who enjoys PvP in any form, and that is obviously not the case. I am specifically talking about those like you, who have dogmatized PvP to the point of it being a psudo-religion, and feel a need to try and force your beliefs on everyone who doesn't share them.
    If someone wants to put on 'Kung Fu Fighting' and go to the BP and have PvP action... Sure, go ahead. Whatever floats your boat. But that isn't my idea of a good time, well... maybe the music, but not the PvP. You, on the other hand, have no room in your dogmatic view for anyone who just doesn't like PvP. So you use derogatory language, look down on us, try to get up on some high horse and get some pretentious messiah complex going about how superior PvP players are. Over how someone get's enjoyment out of a game. That is why I hold you in utter contempt. You don't deserve any better.

That isn't a rebuttal, it's a cop out, but then, you're too much of a coward to engage in anything real, so I don't really expect anything better from you.

Appeal to incredulity, your inability to understand something means nothing, as you may simply be too stupid to understand what was said.
    Again, a strawman. I said you are too much of a coward to engage in any kind of real life sources of excitement or risk. You have to try and get it from games. You have to hide behind a cartoon character to get your kicks, because taking real risks scares you too much. So of course I don't think you would attack anyone in RL, because you'd **** your pants first.
    But clearly at some level the idea of being able to ambush people and attack them does appeal to you, otherwise you wouldn't care if the game was open PvP or not. You would be fine with the duels and other ways to PvP that allow the other person to decide if they want to fight you or not. Or you want to be attacked because it's a way to get cheap safe thrills, which goes back to what I said about you needing to use games to get kicks, because you're too much of a coward to get any real ones.

And the coward who thinks it's perfectly fine to force people into confrontations in games can't handle it when someone squares up to him on a forum. Not only a ***** *** *****, but a hypocrite as well.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Tussaud and penellipe like this.
  10. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

There,s nothing stopping RedFox from offering to transfer 9d characters over here.
    They have the database, but they would probably have to re-make the characters manually due to incompatibility reasons.
    We wouldn't get our items back, but I think if we request it, they should transfer our lvl over.
    People who wan't to start from scratch could simply not request a transfer.

11. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

It seems PlayRedFox don't want to transfer 9D GC char on these new servers... we will have to start over again...

12. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

A lot of people on here, looking over the forum might be more about PVP gaming then individuals that are for the PVE aspect. The fact that Yin closed and Yang still remained the popular server shows which way the majority wanted to go. If it's strictly going to be a PVP game, then I guess count me out (and others that feel the same way I do). I can't stop the type of gamer I am and the one I have grown to is a helper and co-op type of RPG gamer. I like to do a lot of quest with a storyline behind it, like Baldurs Gate or Diablo. A lot of people that joined Nirvana when I did back in the day and noticing that Asura didn't have as good a population, people joined Nirvana from Asura and started to "control" the Bloody Plain area (as well as CC), (fast forward here). People can make excuses all they want, bottom line is that no one had anyone new to kill and you all got bored.... so you moan and groan then move on to another game to do the PvP cyber lifestyle you grown so accustomed to.

One of these days hopefully someone will get the picture that these games are not all about just PVP....their are other customers they need to cater to.

13. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

he does have a point. every time they turn 9d full pvp they go back. always...

rwhitz likes this.
  14. wowzors77

wowzors77 Member

but they also didnt have this wanted system im also big time into PVE but i have to say pvp while training keeps me on my toes. which sometimes can be frustrating but also enjoyable, and who knows this wanted system might be fun to see someone get jailed after trying to grief players

rwhitz and sain like this.
  15. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

*bump* Want a GM to see this, ty.

16. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

*bumping*

17. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Member

Lol @ PVE nerds, why are you playing an online MMORPG game just to kill AI?
    Isn't the goal in online games, and I'm not even including MMORPG games but any online game, isn't the goal to be the best? Or at least keep on striving to become the best because that's what makes it fun, strong opponents make this game more fun.

You shud play some retro games if you're just trying to escape from the real world, I mean yeah... I'd think killing ''noobs'' would be more of a stress relieve than killing AI's.

Buuut like Kazuki said, someone has to do the farming, so farm dem trinkets and what not for us :rolleyes:

18. Incognito

Incognito Member

There will be no compensation which seems reasonable to me im no employee but its plain to see. redfox is a different publisher they dont have ny obligation to get you your chars or gear back plus its comming to cbt on feb anyways so likly a char wipe regardless afterwards ?. also stat systems as well as many other things will be different? soo guess what it would be a ahuge pain to civ through thousands of cahrs picking bits out? also every one starts on same page now so no one has a initiate advantage on this server

19. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

Not every MMORPG game is about killing other players, but if that is something you want to do, then be my guest. I like playing co-op style gaming and doing quest like playing over the lan, back in the day, with baldurs gate or icewind dale. Those are the true games, this pvp/pking are for individuals that can't grasp that concept, imho. Which you can(and will) disagree with. If their is a switch we can turn the PK off then I can back out and let you all have the fun you want and still play this game. Lets just hope that is the case

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  20. wowzors77

wowzors77 Member

i understand what u mean but just cause u find it fun and enjoyable. doesnt mean everyone finds it fun or enjoyable nor should they have to. some people find it fun just to grind and get higher lvls to show off lvl/gear and maybe help others when available. hell ive even seen some people not even really playing certain games but just using them for roleplaying, which i will never understand, but i wont judge it.

21. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

For me personally playing PvE is because i can easily ( or somewhat more easy ) play the game while chatting with friends in this game. I can farm items that are needed and either use them, give them to a friend who needs them or i can sell them to make money with which i could buy an even better item. I have never been a PvP player nor do i feel the wish to become one at all. But i do respect the fact that there are those who do prefer the PvP play. I am very amazed however that it is always the same old ways again. No matter how much respect a PvE player shows towards a PvP player when it comes to prefered play styles, many PvP players can not show one shred of respect the other way.

I prefer PvE and in this game ( 9Dragons ) no matter which publisher, i would have prefered to have seen a system where you could turn PvP options off. This way all the PvP players can kill, grief, annoy or anything related to pvp to theire hearts content while the PvE players can just go on about theire buiseness without having to deal with this PvP insanity, unless they desire so to do ;)

sain likes this.