Some Questions and Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yewgioh, Jan 21, 2016.

1. rwhitz

rwhitz New Member

I consider that sort of behavior sociopathic at worst, and anti-social at best. Because it is. That is not a personal attack, it is a description of your behavior. If you don't like that description you are either free to challenge it, assuming you have any knowledge of psychology to effectively do so, or you need to reassess how you behave.[/QUOTe

I guess then that you yourself are a psychologist? hmm.

2. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Calling me a troll is a form of ad hominem combined with an appeal to motive fallacy.
    It's just another dodge to avoid thinking about what I've said.

"I guess then that you yourself are a psychologist? hmm."

Last time I checked you don't need a diploma to be knowledgeable on a subject. That is called an appeal to accomplishment fallacy.

Look, I do the same sort of thing when I play the strategy games I like. One of my favorite tactics in a space civi building game I'm playing is to blow up entire star systems, which may contain hundreds of billions of civilians. And I find that amusing. But they aren't real.
    A player is a real person. I don't who they are, or what is going on in their head, and vice versa.
    Sociopothy is a lack of empathy. It means you either can't, or wont, try to see things from another person's point of view.
    If you try to PK in a game, you are imposing your desires on another person. You have decided that what they want doesn't matter, their PoV has no value to you. You cannot know that they are okay with you doing it. You have no idea what kind of mood they are in, or how it will make them feel. And by attacking you have decided it doesn't matter. The opposite of empathy. Which is sociopathic behavior.

And yes, I do the same thing to people all the time by challenging their beliefs and views. The difference is that I do what I do, because I feel it's the right thing. Truth is more important than feelings.
    You are doing it for fun.

Having fun at other people's expense is also sociopathic behavior.
    I don't try to have fun at your expense, and you have no right trying to have fun at my expense.
    Which is why I suggested a toggle switch that lets people who want to turn off PvP do it, and those who want it on can leave it on.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  3. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

rwhitz Acid's new account?

4. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

I get what you are trying to get across, but to be honest it's hypocritical. Your main point is you are not a pvp person so why can't you have a way to opt out. Simple, it's not designed that way. This version is based off of the Korean content which is pvp content after the first couple maps. That's it. You keep talking about why do people who enjoy pve have to go to a pvp version. Well they don't, go to a different publisher. Coming here knowing how it is set up and asking for it to be different to cater to your personal taste in gaming is beyond silly. I understand that some like pve only and that is fine but this version isn't pve only right now. So why continue to argue your point? We have heard it. Some disagree cause they like it differently than you. Accept that. Also saying that an avatar in a fake world getting killed by another avatar in the same fake world is sociopathic sounds like either you are overly sensitive and get offended by anything they don't personally do or you are just flat out crazy.

D3mitel, Spite and sain like this.
  5. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

@DrRockzo
    He (Acid) has been told there will be a anti PVP buff, yet he still is not satisfied.

You can not reason with him, he is insane.

Spite likes this.
  6. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

How am I being hypocritical?

I am not trying to impose my way of playing the game on anyone, I am asking that they take into account the different play styles. Which is a sound business decision. Especially considering this game has never been able to maintain much of a population on the PvP servers.
    What I suggest is the best course of action for everyone. The PvP players can play how they want, the PvE players can play how they want, and the company gets the largest possible potential population, which means more money. More money means the game sticks around longer.

It does have an anti-Pk buff in the game, which means it is designed that way. I just don't see a reason why I should have to pay in-game currency to turn off a feature I don't want to use. The time limit, cited at 2 hours although I haven't seen anything to confirm, means having to go back and renew it regularly.
    I don't have to pay to turn off chat or duel requests, or periodically turn them back off.

I have never said anyone HAD to do anything.

It has nothing to do with the avatar, or even the game. There is still a person on the other end of the computer. What if they are having a bad day and just want to be left alone? What if they can only play a little while and want to try to level up? What if they hate getting PKed?

I don't know who that player is. I don't know what frame of mind they're in. And neither do you. If you impose upon them, you are placing yourself above them. Which is what some PvPers want. To feel powerful, likely because they actually aren't. The problem is that you are doing it at the expense of another person. Regardless of what they do or don't want. That is sociopathic behavior.
    And you are doing for fun.

7. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

ok than at the same time why should I not be able to use a feature that has always been a part of the game (pvp) when I want to? Should I message them and ask how their day went and how they are feeling before I do anything? Just because it benefits your preferred way of playing doesn't mean that that's the way it should be. On top of that you are so deep into how the game should be played before anyone has even gotten a chance to play it. See what they are going to release after cbt before you start debating on whether or not it's what should or should not be in it.

Spite and sain like this.
  8. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

SIgh...

I have repeatedly said a TOGGLE SWITCH. As in something that can be turned on and off as you desire. I am not preventing you from playing how you want to play, just who you can play it with.
    Anyone who has PvP turned on, is clearly fine with you attacking them.
    Anyone who does turn off PvP, obviously wouldn't be.

"Should I message them and ask how their day went and how they are feeling before I do anything?"
    Duel requests should suffice if all you really want is to play PvP with someone. If what you are really after is the inequality of being able to attack people who are minding their own business, then clearly you don't care what they do or don't want. Hence, sociopathic behavior.
    However, since I am not trying to impose what I want onto you, merely prevent you from imposing upon others, my suggestion does not keep you from playing open-world PvP with like-minded individuals.

I know it is open-world PvP and that the anti-PK buff costs money and has a time limit. I fail to see what other information is required to hold discourse on this subject.

9. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Sigh...wait till the game is released fully before you try to change how it works. Also if you "fail to see what other other information is required to hold discourse on this subject" then you have stated your pointand it will not be shared in any further topics?

10. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I'm not trying to change how it works. I just want the option to turn off a feature I don't want to use, that doesn't involve using up an ingame resource, or a time limit.
    As I have already said, I don't have to pay to turn off chat, and there is no time limit. Or shouts. Or duel requests. Or band requests. Or any of the other things you can switch on and off in the options menu. Those are features of the game that they allow me to opt out of if I choose to do so. I am asking for the same in regards to PvP.
    Lots of people play MMO games for the community, none of them are complaining that people can turn off chat and not talk to them.
    Lot's of people play MMO games to join groups of other plays they get along with, none of them are complaining that people can turn off band requests.
    Being able to use shouts costs money I believe. It's a paid feature, and I can turn it off. No one is complaining about that.
    So why should PvP be placed up on a pedestal and treated different?

11. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

Well all i can say is that if there indeed is an Anti PK buff that actually works ( i remember in previous publishers it did not work as it should have ) then that is fine by me. I just hope that it is not a buff one needs to refresh every 30 minutes or so but rather after several hours ( GM buff like perhaps ? ) in order for the PvE enthousiasths not to be running like madman all the time for a refresh ( unless it also comes with a cofee and a cake while you get one ;) )

In the meantime boys and girls,
    hold on and sit tight,
    while you wait for the game to be ready,
    Make love and don`t fight <3

Spite and sain like this.
  12. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

So much agreement