Some Questions and Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yewgioh, Jan 21, 2016.

1. yewgioh

yewgioh New Member

I like the option to turn it off and on better, if someone truly wants to pk they can for a time period before they can go back to pve status or vise versa. That to me is a good compromise. To each their own....apparently from the distinct line between Pvp and Pve players on this game.

2. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Last time I checked the goal was to have fun, and I don't have fun the same way you do.
    Does every game of poker need to be cutthroat? Does every game of little league need to be life or death?
    It's that kind of thinking that leads to parents murdering their children's rivals.

Define best? I don't care about games (I play) other than a way to kill time. Therefore it is impossible to be "the best" at a game from my point of view, since you can't be better at someone else at either having fun or killing time.
    Your PoV is not more important than mine, or anyone else's. Nor is mine more important than yours, which is why I don't go around making idiotic declarative statements like you do. I can, however, back up what I say with a proper argument.

Segue.

This game is not played competitively, which means you get out of it what you want to get out of it. And even if it was, just like all the games that are played competitively, most people don't play them that way. Most people play them because they enjoy doing it.
    Would you go up to someone at a batting cage and try to force them to join your team? What makes you think you have a right to? Maybe they just like hitting a few balls after work to chill out, they don't want to actually play on a team.

All I want is a distraction, I have no emotional investment in it whatsoever. I do get ticked off when people bother me, as in PK me. I get mad because you have infringed upon my desire to play in peace. It is a violation of personal space. That is a choice you made. It has nothing to do with the game, and everything to do with who you are as a person.
    You clearly think what you want is more important than what anyone else wants, just like all you pvp brats. And the comments you, and all your ilk, leave just bear out what kind of people you are. Intolerant, bigoted and dogmatic. Over games. Games. Say it with me. Games. GAMES. THIS IS JUST A GAME.
    YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A LITTLE BARBARIAN BECAUSE OF A GAME.

"because that's what makes it fun, strong opponents make this game more fun."
    Maybe to you, but not to me. Why do you PvP brats think your way of having fun is the only way? Do you also think your favorite drink is the only thing anyone should drink? Do you think your favorite ice cream is the only one anyone should eat? Do you think your skin color is the only right skin color?

"I'd think killing ''noobs'' would be more of a stress relieve than killing AI's."
    YOU would think. That's the issue. What you think doesn't matter (in any objective sense). It's your subjective opinion. I consider that sort of behavior sociopathic at worst, and anti-social at best. Because it is. That is not a personal attack, it is a description of your behavior. If you don't like that description you are either free to challenge it, assuming you have any knowledge of psychology to effectively do so, or you need to reassess how you behave.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    LadyAngel likes this.
  3. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

I could never understand religious PvE players (the average ones will pvp if they get angry enough *haha*)
    Game is competition in my perception.
    Playing 9dragons for only PvE is like buying Call of Duty JUST to play the Story Mode in my book.
    [open to persuasion]

4. LadyAngel

LadyAngel Member

For the real PvE players it feels the same as for you as a real PvP player. It is that way of playing the game that either relaxes you or just gives you that moment in time that you enjoy and that you like the most.

I never played Call of Duty so i can not comment on this game. But 9D has always given the PvE players a place to play the game the way they prefer through a PvE server. And there were more then enough PvP players there aswell getting their groove on. As i explained before , for me the PvE style of playing gives me the chance to advance in the game while i chat and have fun with friends , a chance to help out people with either items, dungeon runs for an epi or items etc. This new publisher with KR content will get me to learn about this game once more and then give me the chance to perhaps teach newcomers aswell. This is why i would prefer either a toggle system or a buff from the hermit to take off the PvP on my char.

Enjoy you`re PvP times, the fights you might encounter and the challanges and allow me to enjoy the game my aswell and i am sure we can all have alot of fun ;)

sain likes this.
  5. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

First off, I don't care for the comparison to religion, I am an atheist in all things. It's you PvPers who put PvP up on some kind of pedestal and act like it's special, instead of just another way to play a game.
    Simply put, I have never really liked any kind of PvP. Console games with friends when I was a kid, sure. We know each other, how far to push, when to back off and have the common goal of having fun with each other.
    But against random strangers online where I don't know what's in their head, and they don't know what's in mine? No thanks. I prefer to mind my own business, and everyone else do the same.

"Game is competition in my perception. "
    1. And I don't care about them except as a way to chill out. Games are just games. They mean nothing. Unless you are playing in a league where you get paid, it doesn't matter how good you are at playing it. It's just a game. You're just playing it for fun. So getting emotionally invested in it is stupid, and more than a little pretentious.

2. Nothing that happens in a game really matters. I get mad when people PK me because that's an invasion of my privacy as far as I'm concerned. But that has nothing to do with the game.
    Doing something in a game... what have you actually accomplished? Nothing. It's not real.
    Any sense of excitement, competition or anything else, besides fun, you might get... is just a trick. You aren't in any real danger, and there is no actual competition. There are no consequences. It begs the question, why do you need to get a fake sense of excitement and danger from games? Why do you need to get emotionally invested in anything you're doing in a game? Don't you have a real life, with real consequences? Or are you so sheltered and scared of reality, you have to fool yourself into feeling like what you do in a game is dangerous and exciting?
    Bottom line, if I'm going to bring myself to care enough to feel competitive, it's going to be over something real. Something that actually matters.

3. "Playing 9dragons for only PvE is like buying Call of Duty JUST to play the Story Mode in my book."
    And? So what? If they want to spend the money and that's all they want to do with the game, then as I said... so what?

4. I have arthritis in both my hands, so playing games for any length of time is actually painful for me. And that's just playing casually.

6. Incognito

Incognito Member

guys stop complaining about pvp... and pve seriously both of them are part of the game and was intended for players to experiance both. for the non pvp people the wanted/jail system seems good for you dose it not if not read it before complaining.....

sain and Blitzcronk like this.
  7. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

If your an atheist. Doesn't that mean you dont believe in OBJECTIVE truth? Without god(the ultimate standard of truth) everything is merely subjective to human opinion or preference. With that mentality you have no means to even justify your opinions lol. but don't mind me im just some guy ;)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  8. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

9. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Nice way to try and dodge everything I said...

Rest removed to make the backstabber happy.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  10. Darkfiregoth

Darkfiregoth Member

Oh hi guys, sorry to barge in on this fascinating conversation you two are having but do you have a moment to talk about the Rules of this forum? You see this:

Why that's a rule against discussing Religion. Wow isn't reading the rules great, maybe try it sometime ;)

Sponk and sain like this.
  11. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

No.
    Except that you don't need to do PvP in order to play the game. Which means it is side content.
    I don't want anyone being able to PK me at all. The wanted/jail system does nothing about it, and the anti-PK buff isn't good enough. I shouldn't have to fork over gold just to turn off side content, because if I don't other people can force me into it against my will.
    I can turn off just about everything else that has to do with other players so I don't have to see the endless streams of shouts, put up with requests or anything else. So why shouldn't I be able to turn off PvP?

12. Darkfiregoth

Darkfiregoth Member

If you don't like what the game developers have created, then don't play. It's that simple.

13. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

Acifdzeh you crying too much...., you are playing a kung fu game with the main story of a war, where there are different clans with their enemies clans and you want to turn off PvP with a button? Jeez, my main objective will be PK all black clans, considering I m probably going good karma :D

Icynoob likes this.
  14. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

oh em gee enough of this already!! stop arguing with the whole world about something that may not even be a problem with that anti pvp buff or whatever...

itsthem, Kazuki and Icynoob like this.
  15. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

LOL you feel me? Game is not even out yet and some people are already trying to upgrade the *UPGRADED* version

itsthem, ihgyug and Spite like this.
  16. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

"If you don't like what the game developers have created, then don't play. It's that simple."

The same can be said of every single thing, every single other person here complains about. The difference is that I actually know how to argue my case properly.
    And I shouldn't have to tell you just how whiny it sounds when the crux of your case against me, is that I can actually put up a proper logical debate. And expect others to do the same if they want me to take anything they say seriously. You're essentially saying that you think your subjective views should be treated with total respect at all times by everyone, regardless of any validity or lack thereof they possess. I'm not going to apologize for holding myself to higher standards, by actually defending my PoV, or by pointing out why someone's full of crap.

"Acifdzeh you crying too much...., you are playing a kung fu game with the main story of a war, where there are different clans with their enemies clans and you want to turn off PvP with a button? Jeez, my main objective will be PK all black clans, considering I m probably going good karma"

Yes, because putting up a proper argument is "crying". Why don't you try leaving the ad hominem at home and bringing something worthwhile to the party?
    As you say, it's just a game. If I don't want to PvP, and it isn't necessary to playing the game, why should I have to?

"Why don't you in all honesty stop causing trouble, Ryan."
    Your subjective view that that is what I am doing should matter to me because...?

"I got a warning (I have no issue with this) for inappropriate content because of what I said about you."
    Right, it's my fault that you were breaking the rules. Especially when what you're doing can easily be seen as harassment and slander. You're the one who is looking through my stuff on other sites in order to attack me here, just because you can't handle a proper, logical argument.

"Every single post you argue semantics"
    I have never been arguing semantics, I doubt you ever really understood anything I've said.

"in attempts to achieve something or to reinforce your sense of pretentious superiority"
    I want a PvP toggle switch. I think that should be obvious. Hence my advocating and arguing for such an implementation.
    That is also a redundant statement at the end, since the world pretentious means to affect a greater sense of importance. If you are going to use words, understand them properly first.
    You say I am being pretentious. Proof? Do you have anything to back that up, or are you once again just talking out your backside and expecting it to be taken as gospel truth? In which case, you are the one who apparently feels your opinions are sacrosanct and beyond question.

"basically you're in converse as bad as the rest of us so called 'trolls' because you argue with ******* everyone."
    A troll is someone who is just trying to make you mad. I don't care if I make you mad, since it has nothing to do with anything I say. Offense is taken, not given. If something I said made you mad, that's your problem. If you think I'm wrong, then present a counter argument. If all you have is your anger... well...
    http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/20-appeal-to-anger

I argue with people because I want them to use their heads, instead of relying on their feelings all the time.

And at the end, after complaining about getting flagged, proceeds to once again engage in personal attacks and slander
    Using a HALLOWEEN album cover no less. https://sellfy.com/p/NyIg/

"oh em gee enough of this already!! stop arguing with the whole world about something that may not even be a problem with that anti pvp buff or whatever..."

Why?
    Since when are the few people here the whole world? (Hyperbole is for the weak minded.)
    It is a problem, since it is not a proper solution. As I have already said, it is ridiculous to have to play in game currency to turn off side content, and to have to do it periodically since the buff will no doubt be on a timer. Make it free, available at every town hermit, work on every map, and last till log off. That is a reasonable solution.
    If you think I am wrong, then put up a reasonable argument defending that position. If you can't... why should I, or anyone else, care about what you have to say? Just because YOU think it?

17. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

I didn't even read what you said but you know what? You are **** if you think they will add something like switch off pvp button. There are 1000 reasons that confirm ur suggestion is really stupid, and that they won't do anything about it. So, just DEAL WITH IT, you are going to be the first to get PKed by me, and I really don't care if you make me wanted!!! Hahahaha

itsthem and fataljustice like this.
  18. Icynoob

Icynoob Member

Calm down bro @Acidhedz . Your acting hungry! Here's a snickers. [​IMG]

itsthem and Kazuki like this.
  19. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

"I didn't even read what you said"
    And yet you feel you have any business addressing it...

"There are 1000 reasons that confirm ur suggestion is really stupid"
    Name one. You assert there are that many reason not to do it, can you name one besides that you don't want them to?

"Calm down bro @Acidhedz . Your acting hungry! Here's a snickers. "

Ho hum...

"A poisoned-well "argument" has the following form:

1. Unfavorable information (be it true or false, relevant or irrelevant) about person A (the target) is presented by another. (e.g., "Before you listen to my opponent, may I remind you that he has been in jail.")
    2. Implicit conclusion: "Therefore, any claims made by person A cannot be relied upon."
    A subcategory of this form is the false dilemma; an unfavorable attribute to any future opponents, in an attempt to discourage debate. (For example, "That's my stance on funding the public education system, and anyone who disagrees with me hates children.") Any person who steps forward to dispute the claim will then risk applying the tag to him or herself in the process."

20. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

The game has a pvp story based, and karma is one of the main features that makes this game unique. Happy?

Icynoob likes this.