Carat Spenders Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yusuke, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Thing is I feel like carat spenders should be given some perm rc items though. Besides they've a
    So if you chargeback, Redfox will be notified and you'll get banned. The problem with the current carat hacks is that they're virtually undetectable. Everything they do is manual, and so it would look like everything is normal were a GM to investigate. That's why I think it's a bad idea to have a top spenders for carats. What would the prizes be anyways? It's not like there are any super rare carat items.

So why trouble yourself with winning a spenders then?

Fraud likes this.
  2. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

It's like arguing with a brick.

3. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

What if you're like Virtu and just want attention?

4. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I still don't understand your point lol. How does that make a top spender a bad idea? You chargeback, you're banned and DQ. My main point about top carat spenders is that the current carat hacks are pretty difficult to detect. The GMs don't have enough tools to properly distinguish who is carat hacking or not.

Fraud likes this.
  5. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

Yeah you got me. I'll accept the L

6. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

So, given the inflation rates in the past year, why do you believe in certain situations, players with over 50k deserve some form of a perm RC item/rare?

I understand maybe a situational item like a forum title or a rare accessory that symbolizes the whole carat spenders event, but other than that, I can't justify it. Simply too many carats in circulation imo.

7. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

That's always been my belief since OGP. Anyways it's just like the tiers. Everyone accepts that certain items say under $20 are timed but anything over that had better be permanent. I feel like the same thing should apply to carat spenders. Just my thought, not everyone may agree with me.

Fraud likes this.
  8. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

These are just passing thoughts as I'm trying to derive more information. I mean the situation has evidently changed since OGPlanet, so technically the belief should change with it?

I just don't believe in a game dictated by microtransactions, that free currency should provide extra incentives aside from my previously stated rewards though. I empathize your points though, but more catered towards newer players or those starting over compared to veterans.

Yusuke likes this.
  9. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Well yeah. Quite a number of veterans have stuck around since OGP but it doesn't mean that RuF isn't on the decline. Rarely see new players on RuF. The majority of new players don't spend money right away.

Fraud likes this.
  10. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

What I'm trying to say is that a carat spender in your context would be a win for the players, but a lose for the company. It doesn't make sense to do that. With rare and hard to get consumables on the other hand, it provides a win-win situation. Rare titles that signify the event also work along with those consumable items, because they're catered towards the event.

I think the whole carat spenders in the traditional sense, if done, should cater to those starting over or those just picking up the game. I mean I feel like most people already have everything they want out of the store.

11. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Ohh, you thought i meant like rare items being available for carat spenders? Nooo. It's mostly accessories with a couple of sets, and old exos. I put BFE red leg in the 100k tier because that seemed fair enough.

Fraud likes this.
  12. MaskedMan

MaskedMan Well-Known Member

No1 cares

13. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

Hmm, hard to get my point across.

My issue with carat spenders is that, say you're using rare items like BFE cape or BFE Red Leg as an example, those items are way more suitable and profitable through a RC spenders. Including it in a carat spenders, given the current inflation and ease veterans have to make carats would flood the game with these items. In this case, I prefer something timed, but just as good, albeit temporarily. People get the carat items they want or feel the need to spend, and they receive a small reward in exchange during the event period.

100k, despite how much it is, is very easy to make when everyone already has everything they want from the store. Everyone on my friend's list has more than 200k+ at any given time, even after the "Another" scroll series. I hope this covers my points across. I might be missing your whole objective though. Regardless, this is a community invested list, so I'm not going to shove my opinion down everyone's throat!

Windstorm likes this.
  14. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

What I made so far. Includes suggestions from you guys as well. But really they could just give any RC item as timed for carat spenders so idk.

20k Carats Tier
    UGC Flame Top (Timed)
    Frankie mask (Timed)
    Zombie Mask (Timed)
    Blue Bird Package (Timed)
    Icon of Innovation Set Package (Timed)
    Baby Black Dragon (Timed)
    Skeleton Horns
    Frankie Head Bolt
    Soldier Exo (Timed)
    Devilish Aura (100 Uses)
    Rabbit Heads
    Snowman 2013 Exo
    Typhoon Head
    Wolf Mask (Brown)

30k Carats Tier
    Black Panther Set Package
    Canadian Cap
    First and Goal Jersey (M/F)
    Nine-T-Nine Tee (Timed)
    Black Flash

50k Carats Tier
    Nutcracker Exo
    Sandwich (Timed)
    Dark Haze Ninjitisu Sacred Scroll (30 Day)
    Colonial Hat
    Fearless Scroll (Timed)
    Tempest Scroll (Timed)
    Golden Crown Exo
    Disturbed Eyes

60k Carats Tier
    Great Thief Gloves (Timed)
    Red Great Thief Mask
    Dark Prankster Set
    Stardust Set (Timed)

70k Carats Tier
    Paper Fawkes Mask
    Guy Fakes Mask
    Kingston Set
    Independence Cape
    Sinister Hair (Red/Black/White)

100k Carats Tier
    Powersuit (M/F) Package
    Gentleman Set (Hair + Shades)
    Silver Medal
    L460 Exo
    BFE Red Leg

Fraud likes this.
  15. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

I feel like some items are better justified as RC spenders, or at least should be equalized to it. For example, the Dark Prankster Set? That was a halloween costume that can easily be put into a $30-50 spenders tier. Making it 60k, seems very low in comparison. You should kind of add this kind of perspective when making these tiers.

16. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Dark prankster set was available as both a carat and Astro spenders event on OGP. When we came to GC they only made an event for it once and it was cc. Also what do you mean by add some perspective to the tiers?

Fraud likes this.
  17. LilPastry

LilPastry Well-Known Member

I forgot soldier existed

I miss that exo

Yusuke likes this.
  18. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Might have to ask @Queen about that, I've only received timed ones back at OGP.
    Reasonable price, yes.

19. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

I don't recall Dark Prankster Set being a carat spender, but rather completing a certain boss mode 30 times in OGPlanet. I remember that was specifically the reason why I didn't get the Dark Prankster Set in OGP. Also, in regards to "spenders", I think you should equalize the items to fit the respective RC tier. 60k for a set that can be put into a RC tier of $30+ seems a bit ridiculous if you ask me. The whole list seems just a bit too player-sided in my opinion.

It also doesn't address the issue that everyone has carats as well. With things like this, it'll flood the game.

20. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

If I have time later on I'll go through the update notices again. I remember there being more than one opportunity to get the dark prankster set. Well isn't the point of the list to be player-sided? Carat spenders are essentially a 'thank you' for the players considering Nimonix/Redfox will make no money from this. I'll make some adjustments though.

Fraud likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.