Carat Spenders Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yusuke, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

Yes, the whole point is to be player sided, but not where it draws a negative consequence to the company. For example, releasing Red Leg BFE as a carat spenders will flood the market with it. Now that market is saturated, and when releasing Red Leg BFE in the store or as a RC spenders item, there's a lot less incentive to buy it, because so many veterans already have it.

You want a win-win situation. You never want either side to lose.

2. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

Yeah they were only timed

Nicki and Yusuke like this.
  3. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

Yes, Squishies are timed only.
    Yes, there's been both a carat and Astro release for the Dark Prankster Set.

Also, I know it would be pretty tiring, but you should go through the list and place them into themes like I did on the first page. Otherwise, the GMs will put together a random sandwich of items. Not that I wouldn't mind, but I can already hear the complaints.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Yusuke likes this.
  4. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Alright I'll work on that next. That's actually a great idea, then they could just pick a theme to work with.

Fraud likes this.
  5. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

Hope you aren't talking about everyone.

6. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

Damn are people really asking for timed items

Perm versions of crappy timed items that no one buys for any tier!!!

Windstorm likes this.
  7. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

When was the time line for the carat release for the Dark Prankster Set? If it was in the last 8 months before its closure, I don't think you can take that seriously, given they knew something was going up with NimoniX.

Do you remember when OGPlanet gave a bunch of people 50k for logging in once? The time frame was logging in once on any account in the time frame of a month too. That's a little too ridiculous. That's when I noticed something up was going on that was completely out of character.

8. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Even if it was 8 (arbitrary number) months before its closure why does that matter? Does that refute the fact that it was made available for carat spenders?

Also wasn't the server down time (not sure if it was from DDOS) the reason for the 50k carats? I remember people being happy and then weeks later not being able to find trades. The community only has itself to blame for begging for compensation. Even then, how can you say that's when you knew something was up? No one saw the closure coming until the GMs mysteriously disappeared. It wasn't until March that people were wondering what was going on.

Fraud likes this.
  9. TheRealDexter

TheRealDexter Well-Known Member

bring back wolf masks!!

Yusuke likes this.
  10. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Tbh they're really ugly. I have yet to make a decent looking set with them.

Fraud likes this.
  11. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

Wow those masks are life and are cute asf

Perm lollipop would be a nice spenders item for carats :)

Yusuke likes this.
  12. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Nah. The heads are too short so they end up looking like the top dog hair. Best in-game hair is true avenger.

Lollipop being perm, I guess Nimonix could do it but the question is do they want to?

Fraud likes this.
  13. xpbandit

xpbandit Active Member

Marketing was not limited. They could do whatever they wanted to increase trends and increase sales. Why do you think there were amazing sales like $10 for a full power suit set, several "king" spenders, and several items being released and circulated into the system? They were not looking for a long haul, but rather a quick short term gain, because they know all the Rumble Fighter users will be moving on.

I'm not refuting the fact that it was made available for carat spenders, but rather it's not an accurate sample of what traditionally is seen for Rumble Fighter sales in the first place.

I remember this event more clearly now. Not only were 50k carat coupons awarded to everyone who logged in a month long time frame, but a 30 day black dragon (2.5x carats and +50 or +100 SP) was awarded as well. This is very strange. No one was begging for excessive compensation either, I might add.

The excessively high reward doesn't make sense. Why would they suddenly reward this much for a DDoS attack that lasted not even a weekend? Why didn't they compensate just the weekend? Instead, they made the prerequisites VERY low and they expanded the time frame from 2 days to a month. Not to mention, months before [GM]Furiouz wrote a detailed forum post about why carat inflation was bad and why we should not increase carat rates. That just logically does not make sense.

Were they intentionally trying to sabotage themselves by giving out 50,000 carats AND 30 days of 2.5x carats to everyone? It makes players and sheep happy, but at the same time, I had to ask myself why? I had no real evidence, but I don't know how to make it more obvious. Anyone can tell something going on... or if people connected the dots like that.

I'll admit, no one saw the closure until March of 2014, but given the past experience, those "spenders" and events were a grab to retain players, have casual and whales alike spend astros (to be refunded and spent on other games), among other things. This is why I believe 8 months before the closure of OGP's Rumble Fighter is not a good indicator of "spenders" and such.

Disclaimer:
    This whole post might sound like grasping for straws with no substance, but please read it as I outlined it. If your opinion remains the same, I really can't convince you otherwise, but it just looks all too obvious to me. If you want to base it on those specific trends, I'm not here to judge you on your opinions. I just want to steer people towards a different perspective before they lay all their cards. Lastly, this will be my last post regarding the topic. I feel like the whole thing has strayed too far from the original purpose.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  14. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

[​IMG]

Fraud likes this.
  15. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

What in God's name…

Yusuke likes this.
  16. NebuKiniza

NebuKiniza Clean Up Crew

idc about carat spenders they should just have more sales on carat items

17. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

LOL my friends post the weirdest stuff on fb sometimes. I deadass lol'd at the girl jumping. Really did remind me of a horse.

Fraud likes this.
  18. RammersRUs

RammersRUs Member

Well carat spenders will always keep those who can not buy RC keep playing the game. I understand that redfox needs money and other stuff. But that doesn't mean that if you don't buy carat your exiled or something. Carat spenders should be balanced and thier should 100% be some type of RC item. Or maybe just throw in some black friday boxes or x mas boxes.

19. Kagami

Kagami Active Member

Timed items should never be given for the high tiers, no matter it be Street or Pencak Silat. It simply isn't worth anything at that rate.

20. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

80k for 6k hair in shop.. You high

Nicki and Controversial like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.