Patch 144-145

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ogre90999, Sep 4, 2018.

1. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

This may be true, but I think that even with a new made char with no gold you can skip all the first part very fast. Let's say using true dragon wepon, npc set and then could switch to rtd set you could go to icy pretty nicely. Right? Then you can already make some gold from wep drops or start farming some minor dung.

2. Phlox

Phlox Active Member

Advance clan story is from 2006. Yet we only got what Eroine posted on guides.That is what she had from 2006 till now.

But to get more fun you can start on Yang. The feeling of omnipotent is not there anymore.

3. Phlox

Phlox Active Member

Revered, I, and some others started to play on Yang again for this purpose. It is not so easy as it looks. You start with 0 money and 0 relics, clothes. Red mobs can kill you easy. No increase exp from those ones now.

Your damge is from another world, you miss like hell and need a lot of time to finish all quests and get the gear or make money. To reff to +9 I need a miracle.

4. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

It's like that everywhere when people just start out :D The ones who go through this hell set easier path for people to come. Not always though. :D But i could join there for The Real pvp :D pvp where 3 good smashes is a game :D

GubRee likes this.
  5. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

I gave up with Yang. First of all I don`t understand Vietnamese language (no offense, imo more ppl speak VN there than EN), second - I realized that after last dungeon update I can level alt char here faster than at Yang. And clean 4x drop is not worth my attention compared to what I can do, equip and use at Yin for my alt.

Back to topic.

It is true what You guys said about first part of the game. 9D looks like Nine Dungeon Farmer now. If JW will remove all trash, old and useles content, there will be only dungeons, Kunlun and Illusive Branches.

Examples:
    - daily quests
    - superior clothes sets
    - rank clothes set boxes
    - 5-1 rank relics
    - +5 WD relic collection
    - Karma plates
    - all from Collectibles (IM weapon, Def sets, Master`s weapn)
    - Craft Merchant in Hefei (Order of Double weapon collection, Nuggets)
    - Master`s Rain Wind 30 days wepon box
    - Old enhancement stones
    - Hermit weapon collection - from superior stone pass
    - 7 days Tigrams and Jades
    - Weapon Creation Master with random IM weapon box
    - MKC/MKSB collection
    - Wild Tiger clothes
    - Dusk Clothes made from Kylin Skin
    - Normal and Fine deco collection
    - Dusk Kylin weapon from Soul of GW
    - Dusk Kylin clothes from Soul of GW
    - Black Market
    - Loyalty for banners
    - almost all rest of Loyalty except enhancement and some pills)
    - King Jin clothes
    - Eye of Black Dragon collection
    - Merchant`s weapon collection in each village
    - Loulan weapon
    - Loulan clothes

etc....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    KaMiguel, GubRee and Phlox like this.
  6. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about the rewamped green runs. Getting in a league and someone giving you passes isn't really begging and the cloths you get from purple runs aren't really something special apart from them just beeing in the game. And purple superior COF is GB if I remember right.

Going back to the cost of purple passes, I said I agree the prices aren't new player frendly but I'm pretty sure mobs outside the dungeon still give passes regardless of what level the char is and have no cost to it, it probably isn't as buying a run for 20k gold from a NPC but it's still there for a new player to get and use. They should probably add level requirement in passes description, considering the differences there are between color runs, if you want to make it more noob frendly, just like CC passes have in their description.

If you want, in the case you want them to really reduce the prices for purple runs is to show CC dungeon purple runs costing 90k, not 300k and start from that.

Nothing helps a new player more than information the game gives you directly, which 9dragons lacks quite alot, even F1 menu isn't really much of a help since it probably is the same as it was when it was first introduced.

GubRee and Revered like this.
  7. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Hello GubRee,

I am afraid that the story line and the concept of advance clans are abandoned . Not many knows what I am going to share in here.

Initial owner of 9Dragons Indy21 (before JW) has abandon these plans when they fired their original employees. Who played 9Dragons in 2007 and on closed beta in 2006, knew the Original Plans of Indy21 for 9Dragons, but those are few. For the advance clans we only have the story sheets and the main Acclaim storyteller words : 'you could become a Disciple of Iron Fist, join the Union of Noble Families, or sell your soul and enter the Black Dragon clan.'

Besides the advance clans there was also the idea of a Path of a Clanless Warrior, called meanwhile True Vagabond.

Long time ago we asked many question on story line concept and the advance clans and got some answers but after a period of time no answer because Indy21 gone bankrupt. Than the company got bought by other owner and fired the original employees. Indy21 had new plans for 9Dragons, and put the Original Plans away. After we played 4 years for us the veterans the advance clans became a myth.

With the vagabonds happen the same. We ask what will be the future, when you will add more benefits to the vagabonds. We got same answer : 'There is just a low percentage of vagabond role players. This role is not popular enough'. Even the story teller hired by Acclaim to write all western quests and story line said : 'the Vagabond way was never meant to thrive'.

The only things Acclaim got on 9Dragons from the Advanced Clans are just some quests, some items, and some epithets. And this is all what the original employees of Indy21 did. Since the Original Plans were forgotten, the new employees did not really worked on them.

And if you guys research every map corner of 9D as I did, you will find out two entrances doors in Shi Zhang and Zhengzhou that nobody knows what they are for. Those were for The Cave of Lights, and the other for The Cave of Diamond , two caved that the original employees wanted to finish and publish, but their plans never 'see the day'.​

GubRee, Elsikerins and Phlox like this.
  8. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Just like we dont know when we will get the content thats in the files, but just the files :D i have enough information on all that too. HI7 weapons. many many relics. whatnot :D But from what i figured with these relics and whatnot, it would seem like only reasonable way to farm the KL map and such. Killing 600 bloodsorcerers is no easy feat. well it's easy. it's super time consuming. but with few relics that i saw that could be just piece of cake :D

Eroine likes this.
  9. Phlox

Phlox Active Member

Well Furia when we started in 2006 we didn't have F11 and no maps previews or guides.We started on clan base. Mobs had others levels on maps. Some of the quest had lots of errors and were 10% in korean. But we grind at each mob and collect everything and note down.

Players asked on maps everything.
    When someone reach ch chi (chi breath) we roar :

'Gratz to... "

From 2006, 9dragons was a farming game.But low levers were fun. I hope we also be able to remake that fun for the new players.

GubRee likes this.
  10. MyDogsOwnMe

MyDogsOwnMe New Member

Really? If you get 1 or 2 passes when grinding , you are lucky. And i have not seen any passes being sold anywhere, for COF or VOH.
    I have also seen all kinds of comments about being new. I am a new player and started with nothing. And i am sorry, but i will not beg anyone for anything. But it is hard as hell trying to earn any gold in this game when low lvl. Those prices for the passes in the first dungeons will take the little money that has been earned.

Elsikerins, Revered and GubRee like this.
  11. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

To be honest, I tryed myself something like that in Tao.
    The last year, before quitting, I made a char and I lvled it not using all new stuff, just for fun and nostalgia. I didn't enter bamboo village at all, did not get the dragon weapon, did not use the rtd set but made the 50 def set with 3 gt low :)) and I did all quests. It was a bit slow, but it was doable and pretty comfortable. Tho I did it till FD then I quitted playing.

When I came back this year I did that again from 0 on new account on Tao, but using all new contents like the true dragon etc. and I made it till EC pretty easy. It's not like doing HG in 2 days (which is insane btw) but it's doable. If you count that with doing RTD you could do easy from EC to FC you are already in last part of NC or Liaodong so you can start already making some gold from wep drops for the basic stuff.

Phlox likes this.
  12. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Sadly, I didn't know all the details you posted, but I knew the story more or less.
    My thought is that this game has lot of wasted contents, so telling it in a positive way, it has a lot of potential. So even if old plans are abandoned and won't be made, there is still a lot that can be done. Last updates already did big improvements and I wish they will go on in that direction.

PS. There are also entrance doors in NC and HZ I think :D

13. FuriaAlba

Well good for you that you try to live with memories of the past, I can tell it has much importance for you since you keep saying this in almost all your posts, but for others it does not.

I can't see what the notion about past experience has to do with prices for passes at the NPC's or the fact that 9dragons is still a farming game, but that helps nothing about the discussion at hand or has anything to do with my 2 posts in this topic. A new player would care less about 2006 since we are in 2018, he would care less about 2017 and that was last year.

I said new players need direct information given to them, not external sources of information and said F1 not F11. F1 should be a decent place to get information for a new player, the section has never been "rewamped" and might never see such a luxury throwed at it, it would not bring money to redfox unless they put a Help manual in the item mall, which I am sure sounds interesting right now for them.

I also said each pass should specify the level range of the mobs inside as CC dungeon passes have, it would help new players know something about the dungeon before going in without the need for a guide or any other external information sources, they can even throw patch notes inside F1 for every update they do, that's minimal effort with decent gains.

The only thing from the past worth mentioning is that the game would need a story to help make the game better, games with good stories and decent gameplay never went wrong, 9dragons has decent gameplay but lacks story past what acclaim offered, but again game story is different to what new players need in gameplay.

14. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Near the tigers in NC are exists or should have been exists. 9D is a guivaier even now and has a lot of potential.

GubRee likes this.
  15. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

It would be cool to have a story/concept updated and fitting with all new and old contents, but it would be cool to have the first part of the game "improved", making the feeling like it used to be the grind at RC lvl some time ago. That part was better in the past than now imo.

16. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

If you know the past you know the future and also you are not condemned to repeat the mistakes. A players should care about this game history or at least will try to understand it and make comparation to see which option would be better.

So regarding the passes we had 3 systems till now:

Old:
    1. Purple Pass of Death Valley: Drunken Swordsmen (normal, wasted and unconscious), Iron Flowers, Black Confiucianists
    2. Green Pass of Death Valley: Superior Giants, Heartless Iron Flowers, Demonic Confiucianists
    3. Red Pass of Death Valley: Frozen Iron Flowers, Bai Wu Chang
    Collection quest :
    • Purple: Blue Cotton Cloth x10, Wooden Flute x10, Gunpowder x10
    • Green: Iron Plate x10, Strong Venom x10, Gunpowder x10, Buddhist Beads x10
    • Red: Silver Nugget x20, Leather Sack x20, Golden Cotton Cloth x20, Strange Stone x10,White Iron Fragment x10

Before you could get more passes this way because there was not so much increase experience or 5x card .
    Also many passes came from mobs that drop or trade with players.

New upgraded:
    NPC low price plus drop from mobs.
    Quests (3 entrance free)

Patch 144-145 revamp :
    NPC high price plus drop from mobs.
    Quests (3 entrance free)

As Revered said drop rate of COF passes from mobs around COF now is low. Money is hard to make at low level to afford to buy those passes and farm the gear.So logic conclusion would be to decrease the prices, but as GMs said, we now got korean price version.

So let's make one step futher. How low levels koreans afford to buy those ? They have something we don't have ?
    Or we should think of another solution for low levels to farm purple with no spending so much money on passes.

Begging in Hefei as you suggest is not a real solution. Leveling and than come farm COF purple again doesn not sustain either.

Also regarding direct info. .. dungeons exist for your adventuring pleasure... well, it may not be such a pleasure when you find out what awaits you there.(lol)

Revered and Phlox like this.
  17. FuriaAlba

I did not suggest begging in hefei, but if that was what you understood that's fine I guess.

18. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Sorry my bad than.

19. Phlox

Phlox Active Member

You are taking all the fun of the game. You seem just a technical guy with no imagination. I am surprise to see now you ask the GMs to put the level of mobs on passes I thought I will see 'Guess My HP'

I think you didn't play low level for a long time now. As low level you have lots of explanations from in game interface and quests. You just need to make an effort to read it. In Bamboo you learn quite a lot. When you do a new thing there is a new window. The infos are updated. But you can't get the basic till KL map, cause it suppose you already learn the basic.

What you want to change ? How you explain Meditation?

I didn't mention your ideas with passes cause were wow... yell in Hefei or map like a beggar or go and make HI12 and than come farm COF purple. Way to go... This is something not to mention.

Revered, Eroine and Elsikerins like this.
  20. FuriaAlba

I am just making posts based on Revered's idea that new players need help and he is pointed out that pass price is important, I said purple cof isn't important for a new player but the pass price isn't new player frendly, if with a little guidance he can avoid/ignore purple COF for gear as there are other options that can help a new player level up faster if that would be the case.

I have started the game from 0, 4 times and I never spent time on bamboo quests or other quests that explain game functions, I never needed it nor will I ever need it, but I am sure the quests say nothing about ingame dungeons, functions of the dungeons, refine or many other stuff that exists in the game, while quests explaining various elements of the game are nice, having a menu that you can select the information via F1 would be better, easier and faster for everyone that would need it.

Also, I didn't say beg for passes or get HI 12 to farm passes that you can get with RL, but then again, implying I say something that I didn't isn't something new coming from you.

Also I have no imagination? After the last topic?