So what exactly did they change about avalons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DasJager, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

I see your point and what you're trying to say, and I would actually agree with you under most cases. But the thing about rf is that the one thing it will never lose popularity for is it being P2W. Why? Because rf is the perfect example of a monopoly. There is literally no game remotely similar to it and for that reason, no one will quit the game for something as small as paying $10-$20 for an avalon and a rebirth class. Think about it; we've seen people quit over lag, getting hacked, rf having a rude community and even over something as small as getting scammed. But I have NEVER witnessed someone quit over not having op stats or not having saver/assassin. That's because RF is one of a kind and no one is willing to quit because of a reason like that.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Yes I agree that RuF has mechanics that make it a very unique game, but there's a reason, I believe, that makes RuF not as big as it wants to be.

It may keep some players because of how nice the mechanics are, but the other aspects should be also important. Take NA Grand Chase for example,

It boasts very unique mobility mechanics, but there are things that are hindering its success from growing. Grand Chase is currently shut down today. The only servers that exist for Grand Chase is the private server (Grand Chase Reborn).

Or take Lunia Online for an example. A very unique game. Lots of animation cancelling and stuff to do combos.

This game also shut down. The game had so much potential, but there are other factors that killed the game. Also currently only running on a Private Server, similar to Grand Chase's situation

lVlonsterCat and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  3. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

And only just after Uno had been released...

Shana likes this.
  4. Controversial

Fair enough but regarding grand chase, correct me if I'm wrong but the overall game is very similar to others such as Latale and elsword. Although the mechanics of movement are quite unique, I believe that it can only be considered a factor of product differentiation, which would get them a slight competitive advantage over their competitors but not one big enough for it to be considered one of a kind, or completely different than its competitors.
    Regarding the second game, Lunia Online, I am not very familiar with it. What were its reasons for shutting down?

5. Shana

Grand Chase came wayyyyyyyyyyy before Elsword. In fact, Elsword is actually inspired by Grand Chase. People got it all mixed up.

and if you wanna know what those 2 games have in common? They both face "fairness" issues. Both games face a huge "power creep" problem and a "Pay2Win" problem.

Grand Chase was pretty nice and balanced when the game only had Ronan, Lass, Arme, Lire, Elesis. When the new characters showed up, the game experienced a huge power creep problem. And Premium content grew so big to the point where free-to-play content just cannot even compete at all.

Lunia's rebirth system was so ridiculous (you have to be a player for at least 3 months to get a rebirth, and the rebirths stack to give lots of stats), and Tia being one of most unfair classes ever. New players had to face 2 year old rebirth accounts that are so far ahead of them (yeah, there's like no competition here). And the pets are premium currency exclusive, and a lot of other stuff too.

6. Jazztech

Grand Chase was a bit more arcade-y in the sense that it lacked an overworld that the other two games you mentioned had. Grand Chase was also a lot less like a typical RPG than Elsword and LaTale, both of which had largely developed skill-trees that only got bigger as the game went on. On the other hand, you had GC all about, "Get to this level and get your 2nd class that comes pre-equipped with all these skills." That was until they actually did add skill-trees that only changed a couple things unless you participated in events or paid money for skill keys. GC also had a pretty big PvP scene, as I recall.

GC had balancing issues when Dio entered. That and when Otto attacks became easy to pull off.
    -edit- Also, when they introduced hotkeys for skills and MP regen over time. Those things kinda peeved me for some reason...

Shana likes this.
  7. Shana

That's actually where I quit. That was when Dio could spawn kill using Black Space, and his new class change allows him to escape screen-freezes, which means he's virtually unpunishable.

And when Lei came out, I knew the game is starting to head to a bad direction

8. Jazztech

Literally growing up with the game, I never quit from beta with just Arme, Lire, and Elesis to when it closed. Also never paid money for the game. I digress. This thread is about Avalons, right?

9. Shana

Well people just happened to disagree with my posts, so it's only normal for me to respond to them. Yeah it probably got the thread derailed, but at least, it's similar to the topic creator's type of concerns - balances and etc

Jazztech likes this.
  10. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

cough.

I finally being drunk to fight out already.

You know.

Nimonix didnt nerf avalon yet.

The simplest answer is. The motherfucka damage bugs that is.

I didn't see some **** problem ***** spent money on avalons, because they are obv ******* and rip off and show us off like they think they are godly. like a ******* attention whore. you should know better.

you know how is funny that. a carat gemstone can get you into A rank gemstone once you combine them, you know that? lmao dumb ass ******* useless thread and argumentation too. Nimonix win the money. That is.

Now yall can be peaceful af.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  11. Controversial

Point taken. Thanks for the info.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  12. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.