[Serious] Feedback on Current Happenings

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

(I couldn't say events because that would be misleading...)

Hi everyone,

Lots of talks recently about the following things. In order to keep discussion on-topic, I will be removing anything irrelevant. Please no flaming, rudeness, etc. Keep it a respectable conversation, and I will do the same for you.

So, tell me your feedback on
    • Gifting function
      • From this thread: You will now only be able to gift your friends. Additionally, if you become friends with someone new, you will need to wait 10 days before you can gift each other.
      • The purpose of this was to erase/decrease the likelihood of scamming via gifting. Additionally, we wanted players to take responsibility of their friends list - Don't add someone you don't know or trust. This way, if there is another scamming incident, and you are involved, then you will be responsible. This will prevent players from feigning ignorance.
      • The most frequent feedback regarding this 10 day waiting period is that it is too long. Some of you want to revert back to no waiting period (which does nothing to prevent the scamming issue) to about 5 days.
      • Some of you have suggested we implement the required input of re-sell passwords to gift. That doesn't particularly add a level of protection for victims of fraudulent gifts.
      • Some of you have suggested we allow players to accept/decline gifts. Most players, when they see a gift from someone - especially an RC gift - will accept without hesitation. Additionally, it is very easy for a player (if they did receive a fraudulent gift) to say, "Oh I accepted it on accident, I was going to send in a ticket about it, but I forgot! I'm the victim here!"
    • Current events
      • Me, Myself, and AI
        • What do you like/dislike about it?
      • Who Wore It Best?
        • What do you like/dislike about it?
    Please do not post about anything other than this on this thread. Once again unnecessary posts will be removed.

Note: This thread is subject to change.

Abrac, BagOfNotes, Yusuke and 4 others like this.
  2. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

Prizes are not worth it IMO

Castries and moryan like this.
  3. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

Tbh the new gifting function ruins the trade system we've been working with since OGP. I'd say either shorten it to 2-3 days or get rid of it entirely.
    Also, the resell password to send a gift isn't a bad idea. That way, if someone is hacked, the hacker can neither sell any of their belongings or gift themself things.

4. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Can you tell me why? The event is accessible to everyone, and I intentionally picked cheap carat items, and I feel you can earn back 2-4k carats quite quickly. The only thing I required entrants to buy was the main items, otherwise entrants could use what they already have in their inventory.

5. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

Keep the 10 day wait period. Gifts are for gifts, never was there meant to be trades.

sadpie likes this.
  6. Chaoz

Chaoz Well-Known Member

what he said , Also about the gifting .. I know you hear this alot but if we had a trade system most to all of the problems with scamming should be eliminated :/ .

LV66Back likes this.
  7. AzurealZX

AzurealZX Active Member

About the 10 days thing.
    Would be way troublesome if you just made it so that both parties have to agree to receive something.
    Or just implement a trade system already. NimoniX already wasted their time on making a gift system from the very beginning instead of trade system.

About the fashion event.
    I think it's fine.
    Do people expect stuff like Telos for buying a cheap 3k carat item?
    The prizes are exactly what they should be for spending 3k.

xXEl3MentXx and Chaoz like this.
  8. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

You have to understand that carats aren't worth anything, especially low amounts like 5k or 10k. I can make 7.5k a day without even farming. So 10k carats for 2nd place isn't worth it.

Chaoz likes this.
  9. LV66Back

LV66Back Active Member

Hey GM G

Why 10Days ? Thats a Bit to Long i Think .
    Events , i Love These Events But Most PPL Rather Pay For "Free Prizes " Like Spenders . I Dont Get Why . I Rather Get "Free Things " With Out Paying For Them

10. Galvatron

Galvatron Active Member

l0l
    wdf tags Gourdy

11. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

No, I don't expect them to give us Telos. You're not just spending 3k. You would need to find the right items to fit the outfit. So if you really want to get 1-5th place you would need to invest more then 3k.
    But I mean like come on, 5k for 3th place? We're talking about carats lmao.

AzurealZX likes this.
  12. Tides

Tides Well-Known Member

The AI event gives no motivation to those who don't have tens of hours to spend a day grinding it. Milestones with different tiers and prizes would have been a lot better.

Nezha, Yusuke, Chaoz and 2 others like this.
  13. armorking800

armorking800 Member

This is brilliant.

I agree on the time period duration related to the gifting process.

Something I think would be interesting is implementing your resell password as the confirmation that it's the OWNER of the account vs someone who luckily managed to log in & gift away something.

Sort of an approval stamp as to "I agree to gift this" sort of signature/final decision.

14. Incero

Incero Well-Known Member

3k for 5k carats? It's a profit who cares
    @OT
    I like the ew gifting system. Despite what people may say, it's better than just receiving gifts and getting banned. People should appreciate the precautions we're being given
    The events are alright. Prizes could be adjusted, but no one should be complaining if they profit from the event

15. LV66Back

LV66Back Active Member

we Understand that , We dont wanna get Ban But rlly ? 10 Days && what if you can Buy RC on Ya Main and you Have 2 Make or Use Alt . I Think They Will Be Loseing Money IDK

16. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

What about event hosters and carat trader's?

17. Trypheno

Trypheno Clean Up Crew

I guess you didn't get it. You spend 3k (and maybe more items if you don't have them already) and you will have a chance of winning 5k.

18. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

But then why did you make a trade thread...?

Michaelck and moryan like this.
  19. sadpie

sadpie Well-Known Member

My honest feedback:

Regarding the new gifting fuction, as already mentioned, it's meant for gifts and not for trades. So the 10 days are perfect.

Me, myself and Ai.

Cool idea and creative title, hehe. Wellp since I know the community pretty well, what they want for such a hard grinding is a good rare item. The event itself is as some people mentioned, for those who have a lot of freetime. Once again, for me it's just one of thousand events, I can easily skip that one without any complains.

Who wore it best?
    Classic fashion event, that's what the community loves. Prizes should always be oldschool rares for that IMO. Like PJ set for april, easter stuff for easter, halloween for halloween yadayada

All in all, the effort is what counts IMO and the ideas are creative and nice, I can't even complain tbh.

20. Twelfth

Twelfth Active Member

The revised gifting option is ok with me. The AI event prizes are unique, the event itself I find tiresome. Who wore it better event is all right, although the females couldn't really participate, other than that im sufficed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.