[Serious] Feedback on Current Happenings

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incero

Incero Well-Known Member

I did read, despite that it's still a profit, otherwise boo hoo you lost currency that you gained playing the game. It doesn't really matter as it is a event, if you lose oh well, you're still the same as you left off. If you win, yay, you get stuff.

2. moryan

moryan Well-Known Member

We can't host events now without having to wait 10 days to gift someone. Makes it harder for spenders to give to the community . I'd at least rather it not be 10 days but instead 2 or 3.

As for the AI event, good event for people who have lots of free time, but a hassle to anyone who doesn't and can just buy Rc to save time. I think it would've been better if the prize had been a rare rather than Rc. Rares motivate people more than Rc sometimes. Or at least give them the option of rc or a rare item in addition to the option for Rc.

As for the fashion event, I think its great, but choose unisex items next time .

3. Caysan

Caysan Active Member

tbh, this can be backed up so good job and I think the events r ok

4. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

10 Day Wait Period
    Pros:
    • Required wait time
    • Makes players responsible and wise when it comes to who they choose to add
    Cons:
    • Required wait time
    • Too long
    • Restricts event hosters (Should not need to wait 10 days to gift a winner a prize)
    • Restricts trading anyone not on your friends list
    • Somewhat plummet in sales because some people only purchase RC to trade
    • Unreasonable and unfair to a majority of players just because of player(s) who gifted fraudulent items
    Solution: Make it 1 day.

Pros:
    • Required wait time
    • Makes players responsible and wise when it comes to who they choose to add and who they possibily receive a gift from
    • It is also a reasonable wait time to gift an event prize or to trade.
    Cons:
    • Required wait time

Me, Myself, and AI
    Pros:
    • Everyone can participate
    • Prizes
    Cons:
    • AI mode is boring to most if not all players
    • No participation prize
    • Although it would be cool to have our IGN on an NPC, it would've been even better to have our signature set on it like the AI event on GC
    • Because of the point above, the name prize is less of a reward

Who Wore It Best?
    Pros:
    • Something new to us (Required items in the set)
    Cons:
    • Everyone can participate
    • Prizes
    • Male sets only

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Trypheno likes this.
  5. Suite

Suite Metatron Master

So, tell me your feedback on

• Gifting function

• From this thread: You will now only be able to gift your friends. Additionally, if you become friends with someone new, you will need to wait 10 days before you can gift each other.
      • The purpose of this was to erase/decrease the likelihood of scamming via gifting. Additionally, we wanted players to take responsibility of their friends list - Don't add someone you don't know or trust. This way, if there is another scamming incident, and you are involved, then you will be responsible. This will prevent players from feigning ignorance.
      • The most frequent feedback regarding this 10 day waiting period is that it is too long. Some of you want to revert back to no waiting period (which does nothing to prevent the scamming issue) to about 5 days.
      • Some of you have suggested we implement the required input of re-sell passwords to gift. That doesn't particularly add a level of protection for victims of fraudulent gifts.
      • Some of you have suggested we allow players to accept/decline gifts. Most players, when they see a gift from someone - especially an RC gift - will accept without hesitation. Additionally, it is very easy for a player (if they did receive a fraudulent gift) to say, "Oh I accepted it on accident, I was going to send in a ticket about it, but I forgot! I'm the victim here!"

I dont think waiting to gift is more of a solution to this problem then accepting or declining items. Yes people will act as the victim but I feel an extra step can prevent them from using that as an excuse.

Here is my idea:
    allow users to accept or decline a gift but after accepting or declining the gift they would have to use their secondary pw to confirm their option. Maybe even adding a TOS(Terms for service for using trading system in the UI box).its Kinda like the resell password to confirm reselling the items an will stop users from saying it was accident as an excuse.

------------
    • Current events
      • Me, Myself, and AI
        • What do you like/dislike about it
    This event seems like a waste of time because no one plays UI mode or cares about being a UI in a dead mode.The prizes aren't even worth it. AI title should atleast be in their since it is an AI event.Maybe the title could be the particiption prize for doing 500 games of UI.Idk something like that will make doing this event worth it for everyone while also making it a hard goal to reach so that more then just top 10 get something an dont waste their time to get nothing.

Who Wore It Best?

• What do you like/dislike about it?
    Seems like a good event but needs better rewards and small improvements. How you going to hold a fashion event without the fashionista title as a reward?Also if your having two different shirt options to use it should be section off. So if your entering with the padding jacket your only competing against other people using the padding jacket. Also who is deciding the winner? Is it the rigged community or mods? I think their should be a different voting system because people just have their friends vote for them and makes the event rigged.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    tamirtov likes this.
  6. Mamika

Mamika Active Member

I actually really like the whole Who wore it best thing. i just wish one of the pieces of the outfits we had to pick from were female seeing I hardly own any male items :p

windx2x likes this.
  7. Casadeus

Casadeus New Member

Come on man 10 days is way to long make it 2 or 3 days please

8. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

I personally think the event is alright, but one thing I would like to point out : (previously pointed out by @Ohana )

• Items required for it seems to be only for Male-gender class only. Those who are females or prefer female classes would either need to purchase a male class if they haven't already done so, or would feel excluded for the event. Perhaps female items should be added towards the event to allow additional diversity. Or, we can make it more interesting and have some people do male versions, while others doing female versions.

I will edit my post or make another one when additional thoughts run inside my head.

9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Gift Function:
    A five day is pretty decent.
    If accept/decline gifts are existing. There are no accident, if he accepted it that he don't know someone. It is called exploitation.

Current Events:
    Me, Myself, and AI.
    30 days is too much. One week event is a good enough.

Who Wore It Best?
    What a decent events.

10. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't really buy currency with real money aside from a couple exceptions. I mostly get my paid items from friends, or friends of friends, which is where this new gifting system kinda bums me out. If a friend of mine tells me that they know someone with RC, I'm gonna have to wait 10 days before I can trade them, when someone else on their buddy list could offer the same amount of carats that I'm offering, or even a bit less, and take the trade from me for the sake of convenience. I think shortening the wait time to at least 4 days would be fine.

The "Who wore it better?" event is nice, but it could do with a change or two. I find the prizes fine with how much you would have to spend for a normal person, but the problem lies in accessibility. Not everyone has a male class, and spending the 5k for that and the 3k for the shirt since you have to buy the items, is kinda lame. Not to mention that person then has to buy extra items for the outfit because they just bought their first male class, so they wouldn't have any male items. Spending easily over 12k on an event with 10k carats as the 2nd place prize is a little bit of a setback, in my opinion.
    In short - Omni gender clothes or Male and Female divisions plx

11. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

Gourdy,

We know your intentions are good but these new gifting restrictions hurt event hosters and traders. The 10 day rule will make it difficult for players to find new trades. As for event hosters that pretty much eliminates gifting other players. 10 days is a long time just to wait for your prize.

Suggestion #1:
    Implementing a vip/verified status. So let's say you've purchased a certain amount of rc within a 30-60 day notice with zero issues, then these restrictions will be removed.

Suggestion #2:
    Implementing a flash pass that allows users to gift without any wait. Add a ToS so the user purchasing the pass understands that if their are any chargebacks that they will be banned. Then also give players receiving gifts a notice that the gift is being sent via flash pass. Accepting the gift means they are subject to a ban should any fraudulent purchases occur. They may either accept or deny the gift.

The AI event is much too long. At most it should only last one week. So the event is a grinding event yet there's no participation prize? If you're going to ask players to needlessly play and defeat bots all day, their should be some form of a particicipation prize then. The prizes are decent enough but what about including the AI King Title as well?

The fashion event is fine but I think you should mix it up. You should make in-game items available as prizes sometimes such as the fashionista title or some random rare item.

Fraud and tamirtov like this.
  12. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Not to sound unappreciative for the events but The first place prize should at least be 1000RC
    500 is chump change
    What perm RC scroll or exo can you get with 500? Not even Jeet Kune Do or 5t Fist.
    Just saying, Gourdy.

13. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

I can understand the complaint but you're literally just putting on some items. That shouldn't necessarily warrant $10/1k rc. If it was for an event such as the AI event or trailer/art event, that actually makes more sense.

Fraud and HumoLoco like this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

stop being greed. you can spent $10 and you got 500 rc for free.

15. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

I kinda get it but look if you're gonna give out a prize, don't tease us like this. It would be some donkey dookie to find out that you won 1st place and then discover that you can't get anything decent with the prize brooo

16. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

500 rc is enough to buy any clothing item. You can't expect to purchase a scroll/exo for making a set. If I remember correctly GamesCampus and OGP didn't even offer cc/Astros as prizes. It was always a small in-game item.

Fraud and HumoLoco like this.
  17. Stimulus

Stimulus Well-Known Member

If your entering the Fashion event for the prizes then don't bother. You gotta participate for teh lulz

moryan, Yusuke and HumoLoco like this.
  18. KanoThePlug

KanoThePlug New Member

As for the whole gifting process its good that you are taking the initiative to try and stop the fraud/scamming, but even if you trust the person, wait 10 days, and you still get scammed, its not fair to make it the victims fault. People have been scammed by lifelong friends. So I feel like the people who are scammed shouldn't be deemed responsible because even your closest friends are fake. So make it so you can only receive a certain amount of stuff and make it so you can either confirm or deny a gift, and lower the time limit of receiving gift to like 3 days.
    As for the AI, add upgrades to it like an option to make a only exo mode or a KOTH type mode. Something to make it challenging and not the same thing over and over.
    As for the fashion event I think the prizes should be like this: 1st: 100k carats
    2nd: 50k carats
    3rd: 20k carats
    I say this because its a fashion event with cheap clothes. Getting good stuff like rc and rares is alittle to easy don't you think IMO.

19. DannyPhantom

DannyPhantom Mastermind

I think the accept/decline gift function can be viable if both sides have to accept, and after the initial accept it ask if your ok to finalize and both sides must say yes all while the items are shone.
    ^ This works more for trades, I realized as I read it over lol, so I see the point given.

Me, Myself, and AI- It seems a bit repetitive and boring if im honest, especially for a month long time period unless you do it all day almost everyday theres little chance you get to top 10. Casual players don't really benefit.

Who wore it Best?- Great event idea, I truly love it I would just say the prizes could be a bit better for the effort being put in, but the event itself is great and I hope to see more like it.

Inaros likes this.
  20. HumoTranslator

HumoTranslator Member

Stop being greedy. You can spend $10 and get 500 RC for free.

oYato and HumoLoco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.