Pvp Can not stand it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazylynn, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

If they was making enough revenue or not only management really knew and they of course would not say how much it was. Fact is that both situations they closed not that the servers were dead, 2nd fact is that they didn't have as many pvp maps and it looked enough for most people.
    As I said in some other topic if they decide to keep maps pvp it's just up to redfox to decide if it's the best way or not. All I have to say regarding this that in a game so gear based as 9D you will have people that will camp out lower level maps and just grief people cause they can, they might not be many but you don't need many to just stop people from playing, and since the general playstyle is if you can't beat them join them you can already see how that's going to work.

2. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Which means you are irrational, because it's actually the reverse. You're the ones saying "We like Open-PvP, so you should have to put up with it."
    No one has said you can't PvP. Just that we don't want you to be able to force us to PvP.

Not once has anyone suggested PvP be removed from the game. All we want is a way to turn it off for ourselves. Poor little babies don't like the idea that we don't want to play with you? Too bad.

We shouldn't have to use pills. We shouldn't have to use a buff. We shouldn't have to go out of our way just to turn off side content that we don't want to use at all, or only want to use on our own terms.

PvP IS side content.

1. PvP is not objectively important to the game. It's not a requirement for anything other than bad karma, and that isn't important.
    2. Lots of things in the game have been changed. There is no objective reason why PvP should be given special treatment.
    3. If everyone turns it off, then I guess it just isn't as much fun as you think it is.
    4. Your enjoyment of PvP is not more important than the dislike of those who don't. You are not more important than us.
    5. Open-PvP allows you to force people to PvP against their will. That means it's already an unfair situation. Giving us a way to turn it off will give us the equal ability to play how we enjoy the game most.
    6. You can still play PvP against anyone else who has it turned on. If you can't find anyone... refer to #3.
    7. There are no PvP quests you have to do, and the story of the game specifically involves AI enemies, not PvP.
    8. Yes, I know I can play a different game. But unless you can come up with an objective reason why I should have to, I shouldn't. Return to #1.

False equivalence. This is an RPG not an FPS.
    ADnD and other table top RPGs are Co-Op.
    FF and other PC and Console RPGs are PvE.

Different content, different reasons for playing.

I can easily counter with EQ. Been around for over 16 years, has 20 servers... only ONE is PvP.
    EQ2 has 12 servers, only 2 are PvP, and looking at their pop right now, they are two of the least active. Oh yeah, they used to have more PvP servers... but they all got retired and merged. OH! How amusing. One of the 2 PvP servers is going to be merged into a PvE server soon so they are transferring accounts. HAH!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  3. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

God, are you still spewing flem at your monitor.

4. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

It wasn't meant to be boasting, just an example of how you can avoid cc if you really really don't like it. If you don't want to grind in CC, save your RTDs until SM3-SM4 and blast through some of them, when you hit 70% per quest, go grind in HZ or do one of the superior VoH and grind until you level up and then do the next RTD. If you play smart you don't need to touch cc.

5. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

The only ones spewing useless nonsense are all of you.
    If you pvp brats would actually think about what you're about to say before you say it, and/or weren't irrational zealots, I wouldn't have to keep curbstomping your inanities.

chiyoko3242 likes this.
  6. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

To get that you may have driven any number of people to quit playing.
    And for what?
    To use relics that you will end up replacing in another couple of weeks?
    So you can pretend you're a big shot in a video game?

You have potentially caused a great deal of irritation, aggravation and anger. Caused people to have a bad time in game.
    For nothing.
    And you don't care at all.
    Then you wonder why I say you're all sociopathic.

chiyoko3242 likes this.
  7. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

Not to knock your statement but it is full of holes. Some players are pure PvE, a portion are both PvE/PvP, and there are the solely PvP oriented players (a few bad apples who grief low levels from this last pool). This is the makeup of the entire server. Now to focus on the holes in your statement.

The build part stat wise you can tailor to defend against PvP but that is all you can do to be honest. For the Gear and Grinding Instances you need to either farm the items or gold to gain the necessary items which is on the map. Ganging a PKer is difficult if you don't have a set PvP group. Not even going to touch the health potion thing as it can go many different ways.

As far as what I stated before is make it a hybrid server where those that want PvP can set themselves to be flagged for PvP while those who want nothing can set themselves to not be flagged for PvP. Ofcourse, There needs to be some incentive to be flagged for PvP.

The incentives for being PvP flagged can be as follows:
    • +20% EXP (stacks with other bonuses)
    • +10% Drop Rate (excluding gold here)
    • +25% Gold Drop
    • +50% Karma Gain compared to normal
    The Jail system that you want modified is a joke as it hurts both the victim and PvPer. A new system is needed where you can't attack anyone more than 12 levels from your level and can only PK a specific player once per hour (unless at war).

This helps both the PvE players and PvP players as some community members will want to take advantage of the incentive bonuses while others will play it safe.

8. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Why is there still such a straw debate over this. You're anti pvp buff is coming. You won and us pvp players will have to wait for you in Icy. ;)

9. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Just to be clear by pvp I mean like league wars. Not griefing or anything like that.

10. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

By your logic of its side content because you don't need it to progress then every action of the game is side content because there is no clear end game goal in this game. I can go to any map and talk to any npc without killing 1 mob so I guess grinding is side content. I am not forced to do a single quest in the game as I can choose not to do them so quests are then side content. I can choose not to play in a clan and be a vagabond so fighting the deviant clans is side content. All you are required to do is make an account to play the game, everything else is a feature and entirely optional. I could make a character solely to pretend I am a fox in bamboo village and if that's how I play the game then
    Everything else is side content so should there be a toggle switch for every feature in the game then?

11. FuriaAlba

Pvp is everything from griefing, personal vendetas to league wars in the maps they are enabled.

Szafka likes this.
  12. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

This thread is titled pvp but the problem tc is talking about is PK. I know it's splitting hairs because it's player versus player but when people refer to pvp players the majority of the time it's highs PKing lows or griefing. I will attack someone in an enemy league but if it's a friendly or neutral league I will leave them alone unless I have to defend myself. Not all pvp players PK lows is what I am getting at.

13. FuriaAlba

Like I already said, you don't need many players that kill lower level players to have a big impact over the game in a bad way.

14. Zennishi

Zennishi Active Member

Drug, is dat you?

15. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Yea it is him,he mentioned it in his other post.Too bad he didnt mention he tried to attack me but i 2 shotted him.Lets just keep that a secret shall we.

16. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Ad hominem.

How do you think that makes you look any less sociopathic? It just makes it even more clear that you're a spoiled brat that has 0 empathy.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  17. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Somewhat true. RPG progression involves leveling up. The only thing in the game you have to do, in order to do that, is grind. Everything else is optional.
    But yes, if you didn't even care about leveling up you could do any of those things, because there is nothing stopping you from doing it. They don't need a switch because you can simply choose to not do them.

PvP can be forced onto you, taking away the choice. If you don't want to look at chat, you can turn it off. If you don't want to see lions roars, you can turn it off. If you don't want to answer requests, you can turn them off.
    PvP is the only thing that other players can push on you, that you can't turn off in options.
    It is not more important to the game than any of those things, so there is no reason there shouldn't be an option to turn it off.

Pking is not the only problem. What is so hard to understand about this?
    A significant number of players don't like open-pvp at all. They don't like being jumped by cowards. They don't like being forced into pvp when they aren't ready for it. Many don't like being forced into pvp at all. They don't like the drama. They don't like the childish bravado of no lifers and children who think pushing buttons in a game somehow makes them bad asses.

I don't like pvp or anything to do with pvp. I've never said you can't do it. I just want the option to remove myself from all your childish BS.
    I have a real life, with real problems. I don't need "thrills" or "danger" from games. I play them to chill out.
    Playing games has no meaning to me at all, beyond being a way to kill time.
    They aren't competition, because you can't get anything from playing them. Unless you play in one competitively, but that has nothing to do with the game its self, it's something that is added onto a game. Just like most people play Basketball for fun, and a minority play for money.
    Beyond that I consider the entire idea of competing against other people to be a fools errand, a total waste of time. I compete against myself, to out do what I've already done. I don't care what other people do.
    As a person with empathy I cannot have the sociopathic reaction you do, of ignoring/forgetting that there is a real person, with real feelings and reactions, on the other end of the computer. I don't know how they will react if I were to attack them in the game, therefore I wont do it. Further, I actually think the concept of treating people how you would want to be treated is a good thing (to a point). I don't want people to attack me, so I don't attack other people. I don't like being forced to do things I don't want to do, so I don't try to force others to do anything.
    I'm not a pacifist, but I don't like the idea of fighting with people, and I don't care if it's inside a game. I still wont do it.
    Things like PvP appeal to all that is worse and most petty in humanity.

I have lots of reasons for not enjoying pvp at all. Plenty of others have their own reasons.
    Just because you like it, does not invalidate any of our reasons for not liking it.
    And there is no reason at all why there shouldn't be a way to turn it off.

18. fawhash

fawhash Member

Aggression is primary human impulse. I would rather fight in a game than on streets. PVP is certainly not all that is worse and most petty about humanity. You dont like pvp, nothing wrong with that. And they should give anti-pk buff. But don't pass such sweeping moral judgements when you actually don't know how life beyond morality works.

19. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Cause it's an RPG. ..role playing game. I am playing the role that I enjoy. You don't enjoy the same type and that's fine. But the whole forcing you into pvp angle is just trying to make it sound like you are being victimized. You cant claim "empathy" for some thing that doesnt actually exist, unless you cant differentiate fantasy and reality. Morals are subjective so please only use objective arguments and leave opinions out of it hypocrite.

20. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Fack these long azz posts i cant even read it on phone lmao.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.