Pvp Can not stand it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazylynn, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

I hate to say but this thread has been seriously derailed. Being called a carebear is not the same as being called a racial slur or other discriminatory comment. People who PvP don't have mental issues either as attacking a player char (pixels on screen) would be considered the same as attacking a mob (again pixels on screen). They can be 3D models but the image is still made up of pixels.

With the above said the game should have a way of allowing specific players to remove their characters from PvP while others enable PvP for any map. As I said before there should be an incentive of some sort to promote PvP mode without forcing it. Look back to my previous post in this thread where I gave some bonuses that could be used as an incentive.

Another option Joongwon Games could add is a toggle switch to choose which karma type you get from mobs for those that prefer bad karma.

I am in the neutral stance regarding PvP and PvE where each side should have equal ability to play how they want without the other side forcing their views of the game on the other portion of the community. Make incentives for PvP instead of making it like forcing someone to eat a meal they don't like.

2. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Non-sequitur. If you are doing PvP to vent, you are doing the same thing as hitting a punching bag. The age of the studies is irrelevant, and there have been many more since. All show the same results.
    You are trying to take my specific example and turn it into a blanket statement for all of PvP activity.

You are CHOOSING to use a feature in a game.

I am applying them based on your behavior.

Appeal to authority/accomplishment. My lack of credentials is irrelevant to whether or not I'm right.

"Appeal to motive is a pattern of argument which consists in challenging a thesis by calling into question the motives of its proposer."

That there are people who have problems with PvP would indicated that it does have an impact on their lives. Namely that they are being forced to do something in a game against their will, and they don't like it. Your lack of empathy in regards to this supports what I've been saying.

I said Hitler was an extreme example of the same kind of psychology. This is not a case of Godwin's law because I prefaced the example, and it was relevant.

Non-Sequitur. You are using carebear in a derogatory fashion, that has nothing to do with where you got the name from. The N-word was originally just the Latin word for black. Most derogatory slurs have innocuous meanings or origins.

It is different. When you call someone carebear you are using it to create an "us and them" mentality. I'm describing your behavior directly.

You assume he means with weapons. Considering his background I think it's always been clear he means arm them with words and knowledge.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

What I've been saying speaks directly to the heart of why the OP was made, so it's not off topic.

It isn't the same based on? Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't mean it isn't.

All you're doing is proving me right. Mobs are controlled by an AI, PCs are controlled by other players. If there was no difference, you wouldn't feel any need to play PvP in the first place, you would get the same kick playing against the mobs in game. PvE in other words. You don't, so there is something specific about playing against other people, you know PLAYERS, that you get a kick out of.
    If that includes enjoying when you attack someone and PK them, or just attacking someone when they don't know you're going to do it, then you are engaging in precisely the sort of behavior I have been talking about. When doing so you clearly don't care what effect your actions will have on the PLAYER, that is selective sociopathy.

You like it because they aren't AI controlled, but want to ignore that that also means dealing with the emotions and reactions of the real person controlling that character. You're trying to have it both ways, but you can't.

Just because I find their behavior repugnant, doesn't mean I am trying to dictate that they can't do it.

You still haven't given a reason why they should be given any incentives. If they enjoy it, that should be incentive enough.

4. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

Yes.

What seems and what is are often very different things.
    Your assumption is baseless. A complete, or at least well thought out, argument has more value than a hasty one.

No ones attention span regarding my posts has anything to do with their veracity.

I am narcissistic based on? Funny how when I accuse people of acting in a sociopathic manner, I actually take the time to explain why I am saying it. While you accuse me of having disorders and then... act like you saying it is all the proof needed. Which is actually narcissistic. How about you? Are you a narcissist engaging in projection?

Further, this is an ad hominem attack, as well as slander.

5. fawhash

fawhash Member

Its a gaming forum, so if you are looking for well-constructed arguments, go join some debating society. Everyone else except for YOU come here to enjoy not to read your WELL-CONSTRUCTED arguments. Its probably the reason I didn't take first few of your replies seriously( And you were actually saying to someone that its my fault for derailing this thread. When a mad dog runs toward you, will you try to shoot it or let it bite?)
    And how many times have I seen your post filled with similar words as highlighted.I think you read an article or a book somewhere, and now you are trying to prove to everyone that you are highly knowledgeable and a philosopher. And I think, according to you, repetition of same ******** again and again is a WELL-THOUGHT OUT argument. You couldn't find one theory that day. Let me tell you, the theory was really straightforward and its title consisted of only three words but you couldn't articulate it. Though you tried and did bring in articles related to theory, you actually DIDN'T know the name of theory or its actual implications and applications and couldn't pinpoint it, and you were beating around the bush all the time, which is absurd for someone trying to pose as an expert in psychology. This explains your disappearance for over an hour because you had to think of something no matter how absurd it seems to put into your long-ass posts and also explains YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE about something you were trying to argue with me. SO, at-least, with me, stop acting like a big-shot. And was that "yes" related to my question of whether you are masochist?

Spite likes this.
  6. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

And? The topic is about something in the game, so the rest of what you said is still irrelevant. I write posts that take as long as it takes to say what I want to say. Whether people want to read them or not, is irrelevant to whether or not I'm right.

I've read lots of things in lots of places, and watched hundreds of documentaries on dozens of subjects. I don't care what you think of me at all. I care about what's true, logical and scientific.

I only repeat myself because no one bothers to think through what I've said, forcing me to keep saying the same things in different ways to try and find a combination of words that manage to chisel through their skulls and finally get the point across.

I wasn't looking for any theory. I presented documentation of data pertaining to what I was talking about.
    For someone who likes to accuse others of trying to sound like an expert and big shot, that was a long, rambling paragraph, trying to make it sound like you know more about what I was saying than I do, but managing to avoid giving a single shred of proof.

I have never claimed to be an expert in anything. All saying that does is show how biased you are. Also sounds like projection.

Or I stopped so I could eat, or watch something on tv for a while. You make a lot of assumptions.

And yet, even with my lack of knowledge, I still backed you into a corner and forced you to resort to just telling me I'm wrong, because you couldn't actually prove anything you had said, or show how I was wrong about anything I said. Which is what you're still doing.
    You might as well cut the crap and just say "You're wrong, because I declare it to be so."

I'm not acting like a big shot, I would call that projection as well.
    Now you sound like one of those anti-knowledge types that goes around calling anyone who bothers to learn about things an elitist.

No it wasn't. Are you going to answer whether or not you're a narcissist? Because you're still saying a lot of crap, without bothering to back any of it up. Acting as if it should be taken as truth, just because you're said it.

7. fawhash

fawhash Member

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I didn't read this one. Although I read the last one.

8. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

And?
    You might as well have just posted a picture of someone doing a raspberry...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.